Lederer handbags - quality?

1. I've been walking by Lederer in NYC off and on since the early 1960's when they were still on 5th Ave. There handbags have always appeared to be very lovely (and costly) and the styles strongly resemble those of Hermes.

Have any of you had any experience with them? Did they wear well? Were they worth the price? I LOVE their classic styles, but they are way too expensive to make a mistake if they don't live up to expectations.

Any advice?
  2. A question asked on my birthday last year...that was never answered...any updates? I'm curious myself. They have a website...looks very legit.
  3. I have a red lederer, the one that resembles the classic hermes bag and I've had it about three years. It has taken some abuse and is none the worse for the wear. I love it and it has held up beautifully. I'm not sorry I spent the money on it and it is by far the most expensive purse I have ever owned. I purchased it on a whim and I don't regret it. Great detailing, classic design and good craftsmanship. You just have to decide is any purse not matter how sturdy and beautiful worth that amount of money.
  4. I just checked out their website and is it me? They seem to have bags that knock off almost 60% or more of all the designers styles!
  5. I have a vintage Lederer bag that I absolutely adore. I am not sure how old it is, but I am guessing not in the last decade...probably 20 years+. It is one of my favorite bags. Besides some wear to the gold kiss lock, the croc leather looks beautiful!