Leather versus Signature...which do you prefer and WHY?

Signature or Leather Coach handbag...which do you prefer and why?

1. Signature Coach handbag

2. Leather Coach handbag

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Hi, everyone! After reading some of these posts about defects in some of your bags, I am trying to figure out if I should buy a signature bag OR a leather bag for the fall/winter. I normally buy signature b/c there is no care involved for it. With leather, I understand you have to moisturize it, water shield it, etc. BUT, which do you all prefer and why? Any input would be greatly appreciated and be such a HUGE help in my decision! Thanks so much!!!!
  2. well, i love the signature stuff. but i had to vote leather- at this point in my life, i think it hasa bit more staying power. also, i dont t hink i will use my signature bags w the snow and muck. plus i think leather wears better
  3. I can't vote because I have always been a signature girl.. but I am starting to convert to leather.. atleast legacy leather!! I love it.. but you almost gotta' have both!!! :wlae:
  4. The legacy leather is awsome, and there is no care involved. The wear just adds to the bags charm.
  5. Leather all the way for me. I have never been able to get into a fabric bag of any kind unless its a fun/ casual kind of tote bag. I bought 2 denim sig bags and returned them because I saw a lady in the mall carrying one and it was clearly dirty. I tried, just cant do it. And it broke my heart to return the denim tote. I love that bag!

So I will stick with leather.
  6. I only buy the leather bags because I prefer something more understated. Anyone who is into Coach will know it's a Coach. Even if you don't keep up with the latest designs, they have a certain look to them. People who aren't into bags will just think it's a nice looking leather bag.

Having said that, leather (particularly the ones Coach tends to use) can withstand quite a bit of water. I carried two leather Coach bags in a rainy climate for 2 years without any damage. I don't remember waterproofing either bag but I do condition all my bags every month or two.

I had a signature that I received as a gift. In terms of maintenance it wasn't much different because I still had to moisurize the leather bottom, handles, etc. It doesn't take much extra time to just wipe over the whole bag.
  7. I like leather; it wears great usually and feels fabulous. However I do like the look of Coach's sig bags also. I guess it depends on what the bag is for, what season etc. Oh, who am I kidding, I just can't pick between them!
  8. I like both. Most of mine are signature, but I'm looking to add more leathers so I can have a nice balance of both.
  9. My initial reaction is leather but Coach is my everyday bag and for that reason I buy the signature because it's not as heavy.
  10. I like both, but I haven't really been impressed with Coach's leather bags lately. It doesn't feel as soft and buttery as it used to be.
  11. I voted Signature because its what Im initally drawn to. I love leather and have a few but for everyday use its sig for me. Plus for some reason DH love sig so thats what he perfers I get :yahoo:
  12. I'm a leather gal - I just tend to not like sig stuff, regardless of the brand (I don't like advertising a brand on anything really). I find that the few pieces I have that are sig tend to be more understated- an embossed piece where the "Cs" are the same color as the rest of the leather, a white/white duffle and a patchwork hobo - rather than large "Cs" all over the bag. It's just a matter of personal preference.

And with the exception of protecting a parchment Carly and a white and black trimmed zoe, I don't do anything to my leather bags and they're all just fine!
  13. I voted signature, because I just like the style of the signature bags better; such as scribble & sig. stripe. I do think leather lasts longer though.
  14. I love signature. I worry that I will get scratches on all leather. Also I like my bags to have a variety of textures (like a mix of signature print, leather and suede).
  15. My bags are primarily leather but I do have a few pieces of signature that I love.