Leather leggings- yay or nay??

This is a purse forum...most of the purses ladies love here are leather. So why are you even here? Your posts really spoiled the fun. Can you pls start your own thread about your love for animals??

@hexomega Darling, I have nothing but admiration for people who are passionate about what they believe in. I just don't take lightly to condescension.

In the spirit of solidarity and to get back on topic, here's a pair a faux leather leggings, just for you.

image-3004032190.jpg

This is a purse forum...most of the purses ladies love here are leather. So why are you even here? Your posts really spoiled the fun. Can you pls start your own thread about your love for animals??

:huh: And I said I was against leather in general when? I was specifically talking about leather leggings, which are relavent to the thread. If I wanted to make an anti-leather thread, I would. I didn't expect anyone to even reply to my comment but apparently it is not okay to be against leather leggings/pants for ethical reasons, gotcha. It's only okay to be against them if you just dislike them and don't state your reasons. Makes perfect sense.

Sorry, I forgot that this thread was exclusively for people that love them and all other opinions are unwelcome.

Ugh back to topic.

I have two pairs of leather leggings and love them! I have the current elliots and the jbrands. I wear them the same way I wear skinny jeans. I agree that they are more like jeggings than leggings. Mine have pockets front and back like regular jeans. I think they're timeless and I'll be wearing them for years, like leather jackets. I've worn them with tees, tanks, sweaters, equipment blouses, blazers, everything really! Really looking forward to wearing them with Isabel Marant sneakers when it cools down :smile:

Wow this thread took an interesting turn. I think all opinions are welcome but there's a line between sharing your own views versus sounding harsh or critical. I certainly find different opinions interesting when presented respectfully.

I personally would love a leather dress- they look amazing! That one posted is super cute. I think leather shorts are cute too. I've also seen leather tees but they can look kinda boxy. I'm just a sucker for soft, luscious leather. :P

Brooke, Current Elliott makes amazing high end jeans! Hope you like these pair they look great. And hope you find the "exact" Vince leggings. ;)

Not sure how good this brand is as this is my first item I've bought. Still hoping I can find these Vince ones!!

When I look at how celebs wear leather leggings, I've seen they can totally be dressed up or down. This makes them much more versatile and worth the money. Glad to hear you've found this to be true in your own experience. I just don't think I can let these babies go now that I've got them. :P Now I just need to wait for the weather to cool down so I can debut them! :graucho:

Ugh back to topic.

I have two pairs of leather leggings and love them! I have the current elliots and the jbrands. I wear them the same way I wear skinny jeans. I agree that they are more like jeggings than leggings. Mine have pockets front and back like regular jeans. I think they're timeless and I'll be wearing them for years, like leather jackets. I've worn them with tees, tanks, sweaters, equipment blouses, blazers, everything really! Really looking forward to wearing them with Isabel Marant sneakers when it cools down :smile:

sunny07 said:
Wow this thread took an interesting turn. I think all opinions are welcome but there's a line between sharing your own views versus sounding harsh or critical. I certainly find different opinions interesting when presented respectfully.

I personally would love a leather dress- they look amazing! That one posted is super cute. I think leather shorts are cute too. I've also seen leather tees but they can look kinda boxy. I'm just a sucker for soft, luscious leather. :P

Brooke, Current Elliott makes amazing high end jeans! Hope you like these pair they look great. And hope you find the "exact" Vince leggings. ;)

I would love that leather dress I'm just curvy! I'm not sure I could pull it off. That one is a Vince!

This is my first pair CEs! I hope I love them! I found 3 of the cropped Vince's I just got a better deal on the CEs!! Cheers to that!

I have a leather problem! I really like it. I have leggings, 2 skirts- a shorter one and a pencil, a leather and wool tee, and an off white leather dress that is really cool.

When I look at how celebs wear leather leggings, I've seen they can totally be dressed up or down. This makes them much more versatile and worth the money. Glad to hear you've found this to be true in your own experience. I just don't think I can let these babies go now that I've got them. :P Now I just need to wait for the weather to cool down so I can debut them! :graucho:

Glad to hear you're happy with your leggings!!

I wear my leather leggings dressed DOWN with moto boots, trainers & often a little slouchy.
I have a suede pair of Helmut Langs that got a bit destroyed and I like them even more now...
Just bought a pair in navy stretch leather to add to my black & stone washed charcoal ones.
Essentials for me! :smile:

Brooke0502 said:
I would love that leather dress I'm just curvy! I'm not sure I could pull it off. That one is a Vince!

This is my first pair CEs! I hope I love them! I found 3 of the cropped Vince's I just got a better deal on the CEs!! Cheers to that!

I'm a bit curvy on top and when I tried that Vince dress on last week (it's at nordstroms anniversary sale) it didn't look good on me. I think it would be better on someone with hardly any curves (IMHO :smile:).

I have a leather problem too!! Too many leather jackets and a leather skirt, and now leggings. I'd love to get a dress eventually. A white leather dress sounds so fun!!

I have a leather problem! I really like it. I have leggings, 2 skirts- a shorter one and a pencil, a leather and wool tee, and an off white leather dress that is really cool.