Leather Experts. . .Please help identify

ohhh duna, i think VGA is a great leather too. Been hearing a lot of nice things about this leather from the forum. and if it is VGA i would definitely grab this baby!!! as i believe the leather to be resilient and i like a black birkin to be an everyday bag. Not one i have to baby.

I think it is an Ardennes. My first birkin was an ardennes. Have since sold that baby. I believe they may be a tad heavier than the newer grained leather such as togo and clemence.

^^^ No, that's what's great about VGA, besides being durable, rain resistant and a sturdy leather all round, it's LIGHTWEIGHT aswell!!! My VGA Birkin 40 weighed like my 35 Clemence Birkins! So it's quite a bit lighter! I honestly can't see any negative sides to this leather. The final positive thing (for me, anyway) besides what's been said above, is that it's not too stiff and not too slouchy. After a bit of use it softens and get's just a bit of slouch, which IMHO, is the ideal, neither too slouchy like Swift or Clemence, nor too stiff like Box. Actually Box does get like this aswell, but it takes longer!