LEAST helpful SAs

Cristina said:
I can't stand most A&F and Hollister employees. Excuse me for not being blonde, a size 0 and in a sorority :rolleyes:

That is exactly how I feel!!!!! I heard that A & F only hires good-looking people. So, unless you look like a really cute surfer boy/girl, you're outta luck! SO sad! Anyway, thanks for posting Christina!

Archipelago said:
That's true. I'm really slow right now because I'm not used to it yet. It slows me down even more when I'm dealing with a rude customer because it makes me nervous. It looks like an easy job but you can really feel the pressure when the line builds up.

I work at H&M so it's definitely very crazy. I seriously wanted to cry the first time I worked the register because I didn't have anyone training me. :cry: I was so confused.

What store do you work at?

I work at Restoration Hardware in South Coast Plaza.. we get crazy for holidays and weekends mostly. but of course, for all the new employees, that's the only days they work, so naturally it gets a lil
runaway.gif

hehe.

and i must be crazy or something, but to me, all the employees in A&F and A&F Kids in SCP are all nice and helpful. they always ask if i need a specific size or if i wanted to start a changing room, even on busy days. And I usually only end up buying like two shirts and flip flops or one pair of jeans.. lol. all that help and so little buying. sorry!

Only Hollister is where they're a little more unhelpful. But I don't buy ever anything anyway, so it doesn't matter in the end.

likeafeather77 said:
That is exactly how I feel!!!!! I heard that A & F only hires good-looking people. So, unless you look like a really cute surfer boy/girl, you're outta luck! SO sad! Anyway, thanks for posting Christina!

I've heard that as well, about them hiring only people who fit their image. In a way that makes sense, because you want to promote the product and image of the store. But at the same time, that doesn't give some 16-year-old brat the right to snub me when I ask for help or when I ask if they have something available in a size 8. God forbid it's larger than a 2 :rolleyes: Okay, vent over :P

Two already mentioned! Hollister and Macys.

I refuse to shop at Macys. Never liked their stuff to begin with anyway.

Hollister -- I go to this store for my teenaged daughter who LOVES their clothes. I feel old in there! LOL! First time, I couldn't even figure how to get INTO the store -- then I couldn't see a dang thing inside. It's too dark. Their checkout lines are horrible; the SA's are rude and I honestly have to say almost every time I've been in one, even the customers are rude! If it weren't for my daughter, I would never go into one again. I hope she outgrows them soon! :lol:

err a little while ago at some small store in Kingston (forget what it is called) I was trying on dresses, and I was with my mom. every dress I put on the SA was like "wow that looks so amazing, like it was made for you"- even to the dresses that looked clearly awful. It was really annoying. I couldn't trust a thing she said. Sometimes honesty is a good thing.

Worst service? Specifically, womens shoes in one of the Macy's where I live. I should not have to wait for a shoe while you (SA) walks around and ask every customer in the shoe dept. what shoe they need so you can go back to inventory only one time. :mad: Given I'm not the most patient person on the planet but 20+mins for ONE pair of shoes?!!!

I don't think any of the stores targeted to teens have that great of service because they don't care about store/brand loyalty. I know when I was that age (had I worked in retail) I wouldn't have given .2 about anything but the $$.

likeafeather77 said:

Haha, when Hollister opened up here I didn't get a job because I was to old (I was 20 then!!!). I'm glad I didn't get the job though .. a friend of mine worked there and quickly transfered to somewhere else in the mall. She was 20 but looked 16, so she got the job and I didn't. She always complained how she always had to work during the day since all of the other employees were in high school.

Hollister cracks me up....I lived in Nor Cal for quite a while. Came out to midwest and saw Hollister (which we don't have in norCal) and laughed my butt off. It was all decked out like some type of surf shop...HA,...Hollister is in the middle of nowhere in the hills...it's hot and ugly. Their claim to fame is a big Harley Davidson get-together thing in the middle of summer LOL
I told that to the guy when I was in there...he said "oh yea I heard that...but it's still close to the ocean" HA it's a couple hours from the ocean.
Sorry to rant....it cracks me up though!

edsbgrl said:
Worst service? Specifically, womens shoes in one of the Macy's where I live. I should not have to wait for a shoe while you (SA) walks around and ask every customer in the shoe dept. what shoe they need so you can go back to inventory only one time. :mad: Given I'm not the most patient person on the planet but 20+mins for ONE pair of shoes?!!!

I forgot about that! They really do get the prize. Especially if you get something from clearance and you just want the match to buy them.

I'm not a fan of Neiman Marcus SAs, except for those who work for the cosmetics department who tend to be friendlier. The SAs in the other departments totally pick and choose which customer they approach. Sometimes, they won't even smile or say hi, which won't take any time away from their brown-nosing the upper crust ladies who lunch. They should be required to watch "Pretty Woman" to learn a lesson about judging customers on appearance.

I don't like Bebe in new york, their service totally sucks. It's better in California because that's where the home base is at.

Intermix SA - it's a toss up, sometimes you get good ones, but most of the time nah!

And maybe Scoop nyc on 3rd Avenue. They're just kinda clueless sometimes.

Fendi! I ordered my spy bag over the phone and I spoke to 4 different SA'S and only one was helpful and actually interested in getting any business from me.
I have vowed never to do any dealings with them again at that particular store.
When I first rang to enquire about the spy, I asked for some info on it. I was told 'people dont have to ask for any information regarding the spy because it sells out really quickly!,' What does that mean?! I then asked what colours were available and was told 'not many' :rant: Hello?
Then, when my spy was shipped I had it sent to my work address and before I left work that day I rang to ask what courier service was used so that I could try and track the parcel as I was leaving work and wanted to see when it would be ariving. You would think I had just asked them a really rude question! I got a really snotty reply that basically told me off for daring to try and track my OWN bag!
Now, that particular spy had to go back as it was damaged but now my replacement is being sent I got a call from the same snotty SA earlier today 'checking' my address details as she didn't want me 'having to ring to try and trace it again after being told it had been sent' :mad: I was livid!
I will NEVER give them business again! :censor:
It is by far the worst customer service I have experienced.

Chloe*Starlet said:
Fendi! I ordered my spy bag over the phone and I spoke to 4 different SA'S and only one was helpful and actually interested in getting any business from me.
I have vowed never to do any dealings with them again at that particular store.
When I first rang to enquire about the spy, I asked for some info on it. I was told 'people dont have to ask for any information regarding the spy because it sells out really quickly!,' What does that mean?! I then asked what colours were available and was told 'not many' :rant: Hello?
Then, when my spy was shipped I had it sent to my work address and before I left work that day I rang to ask what courier service was used so that I could try and track the parcel as I was leaving work and wanted to see when it would be ariving. You would think I had just asked them a really rude question! I got a really snotty reply that basically told me off for daring to try and track my OWN bag!
Now, that particular spy had to go back as it was damaged but now my replacement is being sent I got a call from the same snotty SA earlier today 'checking' my address details as she didn't want me 'having to ring to try and trace it again after being told it had been sent' :mad: I was livid!
I will NEVER give them business again! :censor:
It is by far the worst customer service I have experienced.

WOW! I would be SO mad!!!!!