"Le Divorce" Kelly--what are the exact specs?

1. Hi everyone, I've never seen the movie but the other day I caught 10 min. of it before I had to go out. I've heard of this gorgeous Kelly but couldn't see it too well. After a glimpse, I'm guessing it's a 28 rigide in Braise croc porosus with gold hardware. Does anyone know the exact specs? Thanks!

2. I only have this pic. I hope this helps.

2003_le_divorce_007.jpg
  3. Hello Irene, you're very kind, thank you! From the pic, it looks like an older one (see older dust bag). I can't see if it has an extra loop at the base of the handles, though. Gorgeous!

4. The one thing I'm sure about with regards to that Kelly is that it's definitely a 28cm rigide. I think the hardware is gold but am not sure whether it's porosus or niloticus. From my memory I remember the scales being pretty small.

Believe it or not, I actually rented that DVD just to check out the Kelly. The movie actually turned out to be better than I thought.

5. Love that Kelly! HArd to tell the color because of the lighting and the fact that everything looks different in croc. Braise is a great guess.

6. Kou, as for the size, that is my guess, too. The scales look very small indeed. From the looks of it in that pic, it appears to be vintage. Anyone else?

GT, it looks washed out in the pic above but in the movie it was definitely a bright cherry red. Braise is the only color I know that appears that way in croc.

I want that bag.

7. OT....that's a stunning bag! I read I think on this forum something about this particular bag not being a real Hermes???? I can't remember now the details of that statement....anyone?

Movie's pretty good too....

8. THAT KELLY IS NOT REAL?????????? (heart-pumping non-stop!!) :shocked:

When I watch the movie for the 1st time, it look wayyyyyyyy real to me.

Don't shock me again. :shocked: :roflmfao:

9. Interesting, shopmom. I wonder why some concluded it was fake. I read somewhere that Hermes did actually loan the bag. In any case, it was gorgeous!

10. SPOILERS!!! SPOILERS!! SPOILERS!!!!

S

P

O

I

L

E

R

S

S

P

O

I

L

E

R

S

Okay, that scene where she tossed the Kelly down the Eiffel Tower, I was thinking, "NOOOOOO!!!" Okay, I can see WHY she did it, but if it were up to me and I wanted to part with that bag, I would have at least sold it on eBay as opposed to "killing" the bag (i mean, we all know in reality the bag won't just float around, it'll fall to a gruesome death instead).

11. I'm sorry guys....I really thought I read that somewhere! Don't mean to be a spoiler.....:flowers:

12. That scene seemed so stupid in the movie because in the book she threw it over because it had a gun in it (or something like that...i read it a long time ago). And she didnt' throw it off of the Eiffel Tower but off of the top of Cinderella's Castle in Euro Disney.

13. Oh Lordy....I just found the thread.....in the Movies with Hermes Bags thread, Sonya writes about the bag being a reproduction by the production company because of Hermes' policy about not lending clothes/accessories. Can that be true? I seem to see lots of Hermes bags all over the television and in movies! ????

ok...don't kill me now.....

14. No no no no no!! Sorry, the spoiler tag was meant for MY response. Yours was definitely not a spoiler. My response was the spoiler since it indicated what happened to the bag. Sorry about the mix-up:flowers:

15. Kou...you are so sweet!