Review Laura Mercier Oil-Free Tinted Moisturizer

It's a good thing I bumped into this thread again - I was just about to make the same mistake again! I've only just gone & bought the Oil-Free Tinted Moisturizer SPF 20, for the first tiime, finally. Luckily, I've left the bag at the womans house I was cat sitting for, when I locked myself out (intentionally, but unintionally without my bag of new Laura Mercier purchase!) I'll be taking this bag straight back asap to exchange with the regular - phew?!

I bought this, and also hated it, but not for the reasons mentioned.
I have very pale skin, but the tinted moisturizer didn't show up on me at all. I mean, it didn't smooth my complexion at all. It was like a regular moisturizer.

I love this stuff! I just purchased my second tube. It gives a great amount of coverage for just being a tinted moisturizer. It causes no breakouts on me and my skin doesn't get greasy at all during the day.

Well, I've got hold of my REGULAR Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer SPF 20 & I just wanted to post a quick message to say, this stuff is fantastic. Up until mid-late Spring I have been using Laura Mercier's regular primer, which is a MUST HAVE!! & this tinted SPF makes a great alternative now that the weather is changing. It is non greasy, non flaking, non caking, easy to blend & blends very well with very good coverage. It is fairly light for a moisturizer that has an SPF in it. I have tried SPF 15's with more thickness, was very heavy & I did not feel it allowed my skin to breath - Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer SPF 20 is not like that! In the evenings I can change back to my regular primer, saving the SPF for daywear... I'm really happy I don't have to go on a mad hunt for a decent SPF!!..yeyyy

I'm so sad to see so many people disappointed with this product. I have been using it for a several years and I absolutely LOVE it!! I feel like it has decent coverage for a tinted moisturizer and there is a color that matches my skin just perfectly.

When I started using this product I loved it. I found a color that perfectly blended into my skin, and I loved the coverage. Unfortunately after a couple of months I started breaking out as well! As soon as I switched products my skin began to clear up. Maybe I will try the regular tinted moisturizer in the future, but I learned my lesson and will stay away from the oil-free version.

I have the oil free version of this product and it has been really good to me. I guess it really depends on the type of skin you have.

I would recommend getting a sample from Sephora or your local LM counter. You can try both and see which one works best, or at all! :smile:

sorry you've had such trouble. i have normal/dry skin. i've found the regular tinted moisturizer is very sheer (weekends) while the oil free gives me a bit more coverage (work). i have only used the regular primer, so i def won't be moving to the oil free.

i find you need to be careful which lm counter you go to, and sephora isn't always the best. if you're in los angeles, go to the nordys at the glendale galleria. any of the younger girls there are great, wish i could remember the name of my fav, she used to work rock concerts. it's the only counter i'll go to for trying new items.

I have LM's tinted moisturizer (regular and oil free) and their primer. I do not feel that the primer makes the TM's last longer or that it does something for oil control. It does help under a regular foundation. [Btw. I have acne prone, oily/combination skin]

But after using their TM's for 2/3 years, I definitely recommend people trying the regular version of the moisturizer. It is less sticky, color is lighter (even in the same shade) and it is less oily. I know right, even though it says oil-free, my face looks like I have olive oil smeared on my face. The coverage is decent, in my opinion the same. Both moisturizers did not break me out, which is amazing because most products do!

I would recommend you trying out the regular one first or just ask a sample for both. This way you can try it out and see what fits your skin the most.