Review Laura Mercier Oil-Free Tinted Moisturizer

pinkinthecity

All That Glitters ♥
O.G.
Dec 9, 2007
Product: Laura Mercier Oil-Free Tinted Moisturizer

Review:
This product was awful and it completely broke me out. I used Laura Mercier's regular tinted moisturizer since my college years, and it is the best tinted moisturizer on the market, in my opinion. When I mentioned to the SA at the Laura Mercier counter that my skin is getting a bit oilier with the summer months, she suggested the oil-free version as a good alternative. Wrong! This tinted moisturizer made my skin even oilier and it streaked like crazy. As of this moment, I have four huge pimples forming on my face and it hurts like crazy. Stay away, especially if your skin is sensitive. I will be exchanging this for my regular tinted moisturizer.

Price: $42 for 1.5 oz

Buy again?:
NO!

Where to buy:
Any Laura Mercier counter in department stores, Sephora

^ Oh my god. I haven't tried Laura Mercier's foundations, but like I mentioned, I LOVE Laura Mercier's Primer (hands down, it's the best), just the "normal" regular one.

I had run out of my primer & went back to the store. I accidently bought the OIL-FREE primer (got mixed up because I use Mercier's oil-free moisturizer, but I don't use the oil-free primer).

...So I'm back home & I'm applying what I thought was my new NORMAL Mercier primer but I realised that it didn't look right. I mean from the color, smell, texture... I realised that I had bought the oil-free version... despite the confusion, I tried it out anyway...

BAD IDEA. It was THICK & I just wouldn't have expected this to be an OIL-FREE. My skin couldn't breath in this & I started to break out. It was just completely wrong.

I'd say the normal version of this primer is suitable for oily skin - it's a light gel that glides on, stays all day & will never ever get sticky or greasy!!

Wow... so interesting you should mention this with the oil-free & normal tinted moisturizers, pinkinthecity!!

BAD IDEA. It was THICK & I just wouldn't have expected this to be an OIL-FREE. My skin couldn't breath in this & I started to break out. It was just completely wrong.

Wow... so interesting you should mention this with the oil-free & normal tinted moisturizers, pinkinthecity!!

I initially thought it was something else that was causing the breakout, so I am glad to hear that I am not the only person who had a problem with Laura Mercier's Oil-Free products. The SA tried to sell me the oil-free primer, but I still had half a bottle of my regular Laura Mercier primer so I told her I may pick it up next time (although I was tempted to buy both to use together!). Based off of your experience, it was a good thing I held off. I guess the message here is to stay away from Laura Mercier's Oil-Free Tinted Moisturizer and Primer! The formula is completely different from their regular stuff.

Glad I read this because I use the LM primer and love it . . . (I have combination normal/oily skin) and I am about to run out and was going to get the oil free version. Guess I'll just stick to the original.

Thanks for posting!

I also tried the oil-free tinted moisturizer and found the same results as the OP... and I was just using a bit in Sephora to see what it would look like (also used their regular full coverage foundation) and was not impressed how it worked on my sensitive skin. I think I'll be passing on any liquid solutions like this from LM. That said, I have yet to have any issues with the powders.

Thanks for this review! I have been wanting to buy the oil-free version for almost a year now, but I was waiting until I ran out of my Bobbi Brown oil-free foundation. I think I will try the regular tinted moisturizer first.

^^I've been using the oil-free primer and oil-free moisturizer and love it also! I have combo skin and have had breakouts for years. I was using MAC primer, studio stick and powder but as soon as I switched over to LM, my skin cleared up and I haven't had a break out since. I guess it depends on the individual. It may work great for some but not for others.

i'm getting worried now... i've always used the regular LM tinted moisturizer, but i do have oily skin... so i just bought the oil-free version.... i hope it doesn't break me out! :sad: