Lash extensions falling out...

A few things that I do to help my extensions stay in:

1. I use this lash cleanser: https://www.amazon.com/Chrissanthie...0775&sr=1-2&keywords=eyelid+and+lash+cleanser instead of regular makeup remover. A lot of makeup removers will break down the glue. I also will use a q-tip to get hard to reach spots
2. Stay away from steam, oil, and sweat if you can (usually during the summer, my lashes fall out faster)
3. I never rub my eyes - I usually just dab water away post shower with a paper towel
4. If you're REALLY gonna be crazy about it - wear goggles when you shower.
5. There are a few different lash extension coatings that you can buy that will help make your extensions stay in longer. I don't think they made a huge difference for me, but they do for my friends.
6. I don't get them wet for the first 24 hours

Good luck!

A few things that I do to help my extensions stay in:

1. I use this lash cleanser: https://www.amazon.com/Chrissanthie...0775&sr=1-2&keywords=eyelid+and+lash+cleanser instead of regular makeup remover. A lot of makeup removers will break down the glue. I also will use a q-tip to get hard to reach spots
2. Stay away from steam, oil, and sweat if you can (usually during the summer, my lashes fall out faster)
3. I never rub my eyes - I usually just dab water away post shower with a paper towel
4. If you're REALLY gonna be crazy about it - wear goggles when you shower.
5. There are a few different lash extension coatings that you can buy that will help make your extensions stay in longer. I don't think they made a huge difference for me, but they do for my friends.
6. I don't get them wet for the first 24 hours

Good luck!

I've heard of ladies wearing goggles, how funny, I'm extreme but don't know if I could wear goggles to shower[emoji23] I think you're absolutely right about them falling out more in summer, looking back to the spring I'd go 3 weeks without trying! I'm going to look into that cleanser and hopefully I can get these babies to last. Thanks for the tips.

IMG_1475083461.031541.jpg

Stay away from oil, oils can weaken the bond of the glue. Once when I was trying to let them fall out naturally and I had a few stragglers that where barely hanging on I was able to take them off with just oil. Steam is also something to stay away. When I have lashes my esthetician will not use steam on my face during my facials. Honestly it sounds dumb but the worst my lashes looked was after a big cry, I'm typically not a cryer but I had some stuff come up and full on cried hard. It was traumatic because I felt like Kimbo when she cried on her show, you can't wipe your eyes like your normally do you have to gently blot them dry which of course made me cry more. Also keep cotton away from the because it will get stuck on them.

I don't wash my face with soap because my skin is sensitive I just splash warm water on my face. All I do to take care of them is in the shower I gently rub them with my fingers to wipe away any eye buggers off of them very gently. Kind of a soft pinching down the line kind of motion. But you can also use a spoolie to brush them in the shower to get eye buggers out too. I tried that but I'd always end up dropping it and that would be the end of that because it would always go halfway down the drain so I'm obviously not going to use that on my eyes. After 4th or 5th time it happened I gave up on the spoolie and started my gentle pinch/rub method lol. I'm super blind and clumsy so I'm always having mishaps in the shower. Once in a blue moon I'll use a gentle soap with my rubbing motion if my eye buggers are really bad, like if my allergies are bad that always makes it worse going into fall not a problem so much but spring and summer it is.

Sent from my SM-T530NU using PurseForum mobile app

Reactions: Monstahospital
I've heard of ladies wearing goggles, how funny, I'm extreme but don't know if I could wear goggles to shower[emoji23] I think you're absolutely right about them falling out more in summer, looking back to the spring I'd go 3 weeks without trying! I'm going to look into that cleanser and hopefully I can get these babies to last. Thanks for the tips.

View attachment 3478690

Lolol my friend just got this snorkel goggles for the shower and sent me a photo. I'm dying. Also, my lash lady switched me to thinner lashes and they seem to stay on a lot longer. They're a little less full, but then at least I'm not looking crazy by week 3.

Stay away from oil, oils can weaken the bond of the glue. Once when I was trying to let them fall out naturally and I had a few stragglers that where barely hanging on I was able to take them off with just oil. Steam is also something to stay away. When I have lashes my esthetician will not use steam on my face during my facials. Honestly it sounds dumb but the worst my lashes looked was after a big cry, I'm typically not a cryer but I had some stuff come up and full on cried hard. It was traumatic because I felt like Kimbo when she cried on her show, you can't wipe your eyes like your normally do you have to gently blot them dry which of course made me cry more. Also keep cotton away from the because it will get stuck on them.

Sent from my SM-T530NU using PurseForum mobile app

Omg I totally forgot about this. Crying makes my lashes fall out so quickly. And yes, then I'm blotting and crying and trying not to cry. Luckily i usually start laughing because of how absurd I must look. I feel like a real housewife.

Reactions: Monstahospital
I had the same problem, after 10 days they started to fall out a lot, and I am not sure why is that... I followed the instructions they gave me, but no results.
I don't believe you should have that much fallout at the 10 day mark. I'd recommend contacting the person and seeing what can be done. I'd a friend whose extensions started to fall out after about a week and the aesthetician fixed them since they're meant to last a few weeks.

ITA that hot and humid weather can destroy lash extensions much more quickly than one would like. I've also found that lashes fall out faster when i get longer, more "glamorous" ones - I have pretty long but not very full lashes, so in the future I might go for more fullness and just amp things up with some tube mascara when necessary.

the longest i've had mine is 3 wks. like one of the posters said pat dry after you wash your face. don't rub and avoid the lash area w cream or oil beauty product. same thing my lash stylist said to me.