"Lars and the Real Girl"

1. I saw this movie last weekend, and I thought it was really great - very touching, sweet, and poignant. I think it's coming out nationally this weekend, so I recommend it. Ryan Gosling is outstanding (then again, I think he's great in everything he does). The movie isn't as outlandish as you may think --- given that one of the main characters is a blow-up doll :shame:.

2. SuLi--

Hi! I saw your post of the COACH ergo magazine tote-- beautiful! How's that bag working out? I'm thinking about purchasing it myself but wanted to ask, does the bag get heavy with all your things in it? I have back problems so this is an issue. Also, when the cold weather arrives, does it have enough room to carry on your shoulder if you have a winter coat on? Please let me know... Thank you!

3. I've heard a lot of positive reviews for this movie...Ryan Gosling sure knows how to pick his roles!

4. I saw the trailer and really want to go see it.

5. I saw it and thought it was wonderful!

6. This movie was amazing. She isn't a blow up doll, but a life size doll made of silicone (or something to that effect). There was a documentary about men and their real dolls made a while ago and I watched it on google videos. They are really expensive (like $5k!) As you would expect, you get what you pay for...

Anyway, I loved the movie. It turned out a lot differently than I thought it would, but I was very pleased. A lot of people in the theater laughed at times when I thought it was inappropriate. I know there was supposed to be comedic undertones, but the parts where Lars' sister in law is yelling about Bianca's 'life' in the community wasn't supposed to be a laugh out loud moment. I think a lot of people were uncomfortable with the situation and laughed for that reason.

Regardless, loved the movie. Ryan Gosling was AMAZING and i hope he is rewarded for his work.

7. I love actors who take chances on unconventional roles and then kick a**. Ryan Gosling seems to do that consisently, I've heard a lot about this one so I will definitely check it out. These kinds of quirky movies are usually so much better than the mass-market/big studio stuff that comes out anyway.

8. i'm so glad that he's being recognized for his great work.

9. Old thread!

I loved this movie, and everyone makes fun of me for it. They won't even give it a chance, because the idea "seems silly" :rolleyes: