Lambskin pep talk thread!

Finally a thread that is positive about lambskin!! I have been searching endlessly for some "lamb inspiration" and now I finally have it. I have fallen in love with lambskin after trying it on at the Chanel boutique. I originally asked to try on the cavier classic flap but they had none so just thought I would try the lambskin having never considered it before and was surprised at how beautiful and luxurious it was. I have been dreaming of owning it ever since!

evelynlwy said:
I agree and I have a red lambskin wallet. No worries of scratches or what so ever. Just a caution when buying lambskin products. I realized that some colours will fade by itself even if you keep it in your cupboard. The last season lavender and turquoise lambskin jumbo look aged and a big of uneven skin tone after a few months. I saw the big difference in a boutique a few months ago and a few mths later.

So u gonna be careful while choosing the lambskin colours.

How do u deal with it in yr bag. I just bought one n the journey back frm holidays make the. Back of the purse quilts slightly flatten (it's in a box during my flight) ..... :sad:

I'm telling my husband that I need to sew a quilted wallet cover for it. Also because I have many things in my bag n I'm really a rough person

Sorry to be a lamb skin downer but I was near tears last night when I discovered this HOLE in my Chanel 3 bag that I JUST PURCHASED in January/February. It was my first new from the store bag and I'm holding back a panic attack so my dbf doesn't think I'm insane.

Idk what to do. I contacted my SA but I'm scared what they will say. I mean if it wasnt there when i bought it then it will inevitably be my fault...and I dont live close to a Chanel so I'll have to mail it to even get it looked at. Luckily it's under one of the flappy parts of the 3 bag but I almost cried because I'd never spent so much on anything before.

Attachments

• image-3656128962.jpg
    image-3656128962.jpg
    397.1 KB · Views: 1,110
Last edited:
Sorry to be a lamb skin downer but I was near tears last night when I discovered this HOLE in my Chanel 3 bag that I JUST PURCHASED in January/February. It was my first new from the store bag and I'm holding back a panic attack so my dbf doesn't think I'm insane.

Idk what to do. I contacted my SA but I'm scared what they will say. I mean if it wasnt there ehdn i bought it then it will inevitably be my fault...and I dont live close to a Chanel so I'll have to mail it to even get it looked at. Luckily it's under one of the flappy parts of the 3 bag but I almost cried because I'd never spent so much on anything before.

Thats a real downer, so sorry to hear that! I dont blame lambskin for it though, i had a gold metallic chanel bag that peeled and then chanel said they don't redye bags! I read somewhere that repairs are free in the first year of purchase, never tried it but hopefully they are able to fix it for you!

Hello,
Could anyone give me some advise? Owners of Chanel classic flap lambskin in the jumbo in black colour - how are your bags holding up? I really want to purchase one soon but have only ever bought cavier and I really love the lambskin when I saw it in the boutique but would love to hear from owners of lambskin and maybe some encouragement so I can make the purchase with confidence!
Thank you!

rosy82 said:
Hello,
Could anyone give me some advise? Owners of Chanel classic flap lambskin in the jumbo in black colour - how are your bags holding up? I really want to purchase one soon but have only ever bought cavier and I really love the lambskin when I saw it in the boutique but would love to hear from owners of lambskin and maybe some encouragement so I can make the purchase with confidence!
Thank you!

Hi rosy82, I've a black jumbo lamb that I bought in May and I've been using it quite frequently ie some weeks everyday some weeks at least 2-3 times. So it's been getting a lot of use and also survived a bit of rain here and there. I've also had a line impressed on a quilt while leaning against it at the back of a chair and the line disappeared after gentle massaging. I absolutely love the puffiness and shine of lamb and I seriously think you shouldn't worry too much unless you plan to get a light coloured lamb! HTH :smile:

Reactions: Leejah
Branda said:
Hi rosy82, I've a black jumbo lamb that I bought in May and I've been using it quite frequently ie some weeks everyday some weeks at least 2-3 times. So it's been getting a lot of use and also survived a bit of rain here and there. I've also had a line impressed on a quilt while leaning against it at the back of a chair and the line disappeared after gentle massaging. I absolutely love the puffiness and shine of lamb and I seriously think you shouldn't worry too much unless you plan to get a light coloured lamb! HTH :smile:

Thank you Branda! I really appreciate your comments it's really helpful hearing it from someone who owns a lambskin jumbo because I can't wait to purchase it but was a little nervous about it too so thank u!x

Hello,
Thank you!

Hi Rosy! Do not worry, lambskin is not as delicate as you may fear. Most of my chanel bags are lambskin. They have traveled the world with me, been dropped on the floor, been through various airplanes, parks and Mommy and me classes. They all look good as new! So buy one, use it to death and enjoy! The only thing I would suggest is that you keep the dust bag and the box and store your bag in there Every night before going to bed. I still store mine carefully each night!:smile: Best wishes!

Thank you luckylove! You really sound like you have lots of experience with lambskin so its much appreciated! Your comments about it travelling the world and still looking good is very reassuring! And you are right about storing it every night - i do that with all my expensive bags and with lambskin I have heard the zipper can even mark the bag so will be extra careful! Thank you for the advice - I'm so excited now!xx

Last edited:
Just want to add my two cents.

I'm very close to my SA (over the years, she has become a friend. Started shopping with her when I just turned adulthood)

Anyway she told me the most bizzare but the most perfect lambskin protecter/shiner/cleaner..and it is to use BUTTER. There is no chemical to deal with..it is all natural and the butter keeps the lambskin shinny, puffyy and great protector.

I have a good collection of lambskin and they are all in great shape.

Paris_lily said:
Just want to add my two cents.

I'm very close to my SA (over the years, she has become a friend. Started shopping with her when I just turned adulthood)

Anyway she told me the most bizzare but the most perfect lambskin protecter/shiner/cleaner..and it is to use BUTTER. There is no chemical to deal with..it is all natural and the butter keeps the lambskin shinny, puffyy and great protector.

I have a good collection of lambskin and they are all in great shape.

Do you melt the butter or what? Have you tried this?

The SAs at the Chanel boutique I frequent say that lamb is "more Chanel" and "favored" by the brand. To me, it's infinitely more beautiful than caviar and when I finally get my TC jumbo it will be in lamb. I just got a classic WOC in lamb and I can't wait to start using it (not til Christmas). Lamb is just soo beautiful. I'm glad I saw this thread because it solidifies my choice, I was worried I perhaps should've purchased caviar. But I don't want to be the girl who buys caviar when she really wants the lamb!!