Chanel Lambskin - how do I clean it/care for it?

How much does Chanel charge to clean a while classic flap in lambskin? I have never sent off a bag for cleaning, and was curious to know what is involved, how long it takes, and what the normal charge is.

Dawn, I sent a black caviar in once that had some scuffing to the corners. I think it took about a month or two (although they quoted me 3, it came back more quickly) and cost $125. It came back looking perfect and new!
I have no experience with white lambskin though, so let's here what the other say.

Rockerchic that sounds about right. I once sent in a cambon bowler bag that had faded areas and scuffs and got it back in two months. Although they didnt charge me, I did see they had an invoice packed with the bag for $110 (which was a great deal anyway). It looked brandy new.

Dawn, I sent a black caviar in once that had some scuffing to the corners. I think it took about a month or two (although they quoted me 3, it came back more quickly) and cost $125. It came back looking perfect and new!
I have no experience with white lambskin though, so let's here what the other say.

Stacy, THANKS. I am getting a white lambskin classic flap, which is mostly dirtly on the edges and was curious if it would come back looking good. I appreciate it!:yes:

wow, didn't know that...good info to know!

I have a gorgeous silvery cream lambskin 2.55 with silver hardware (like a dark white) which is a little darkened for wear and tear! it gets dirtier after every wear! I usually clean it with an eraser, which was recommended by a friend, which takes ages but is very effective (it does remove the patina, though).

I took it into Chanel hoping they would be able to service it like at LV or Hermes, and they just looked at me with distain and told me there was nothing that could be done (this is in both Sydney and Melbourne, Australia). Perhaps they don't have servicing in Australia??

I bought the bag in Paris, but this terrible after sales service has really undermined my taste for Chanel. I thought they didn't have anything available for servicing ... so perhaps I should contact them again?

This issue is causing me a lot of angst! I would love any advice...

Needless to say, I woun't be buying lambskin again, although it is soooo dreamy... my mother's caviar 2.55 looks like you could take a shower with it and it wouldn't be a problem!

I have a red lambskin madision and noticed a greyish mark on the front but wasn't sure how to clean it. Its not a pen mark---more like either grease or some type of dirt.

Anyone recommend a clean/protective product?

Also---the red dye has transferred to my white shirt---does that usually happen? Alittle frustrated cuz that has never happend to me before with any other colored bag