Workplace Laid off :(.... Louis Vuitton?

I just wanted to come here and update this. The purpose of this as the thread went on ended up being, for me at least, a way to show people that its not the end of the world if you get laid off or fired and that with determination and a little bit of luck, hopefully you find a new job that was even better than before. I know its easier said, especially coming from me, since i dont have kids or a mortgage and things like that to worry about, I know a lot of people who get laid off do and I can only imagine how hard that must be!

As an update. I love love love love my job!! My boss is amazing the people I work with in my accounting department are amazing, its small, well the accounting department is, the company itself is big. But its me (corporate financial analyst), my boss (CFO) and two women, one who works in AP on in AR everyone is so amazing.

The president & his wife, of my company are amazing and inspirational people (they are in their mid-late 80's and still coming in everyday!)

I hope anyone out there stuggling with their current job or struggling to find a job find everything they are looking for!

My last job, by now would be paying 20% more, and here the raises are really only about 4%.... ITS SO WORTH IT, I am making about the same as i was when i got let go from my previous employer, but now, even if they asked me back for double what i was making, i wouldnt even think about considering it. the fact that my current job has amazing people and a stress free enviornment is like making a million dollars a year!!

Thanks again for all the kind and encouraging words everyone!!

:heart: you all!!

So sorry to hear, being laid off is awful. Definitely apply for unemployment, that 's why it's there.
My husband was laid off in Sept. of last year, in his line of work being laud off for a couple weeks-month is a normalcy, not almost a year though. He was the sole provider as my income was just our fun money. We went from six figures to barely anything!! I was pregnant and due the next month to top it off (also have my son and his two daughters)!
Now he's working a better temp job pulling in more than hecwas making before. Things always have a way of working out! Best of luck to you!

I just wanted to come here and update this. The purpose of this as the thread went on ended up being, for me at least, a way to show people that its not the end of the world if you get laid off or fired and that with determination and a little bit of luck, hopefully you find a new job that was even better than before. I know its easier said, especially coming from me, since i dont have kids or a mortgage and things like that to worry about, I know a lot of people who get laid off do and I can only imagine how hard that must be!

As an update. I love love love love my job!! My boss is amazing the people I work with in my accounting department are amazing, its small, well the accounting department is, the company itself is big. But its me (corporate financial analyst), my boss (CFO) and two women, one who works in AP on in AR everyone is so amazing.

The president & his wife, of my company are amazing and inspirational people (they are in their mid-late 80's and still coming in everyday!)

I hope anyone out there stuggling with their current job or struggling to find a job find everything they are looking for!

My last job, by now would be paying 20% more, and here the raises are really only about 4%.... ITS SO WORTH IT, I am making about the same as i was when i got let go from my previous employer, but now, even if they asked me back for double what i was making, i wouldnt even think about considering it. the fact that my current job has amazing people and a stress free enviornment is like making a million dollars a year!!

Thanks again for all the kind and encouraging words everyone!!

:heart: you all!!

Thanks for the update, that's awesome!

Thank you so much for the update! I am 26, and every day we (the entry level staff) feel like we might get laid off or fired at any moment. This has definitely helped me to stress a little less!

So glad you love the new job!

My advice is to collect the unemployment - you have been contributing to it and deserve it. Also - try to save some money on your next job and save up a nest egg in case you get layed off again. In todays world you are never safe anywhere- you always need to stay a step ahead - try to stay abreast of what is going on in the economy and your company - always have your resume updated and ready to go.