lady bought louis vuitton bag and refused it

oh, you spent it!?
Yikes, I don't know then!

a chuckle in a not funny situation. I think we all got a scare when we thot you'd already sent back the $. :P

20% restocking fee is what I've seen some sellers charge, but I'm not sure how your buyer will take to that since it's gonna be 20% of $1700, pretty high. you could try tho, maybe she'd just agree. Keep all emails just in case

Ugh, I really don't know what to tell you. That sucks that you state all sales are final and they have already sent the bag back without contacting you first. See what it looks like once you get it back...as for the spent money...that sucks for sure! I hope that you can come to an agreement with the buyer, good luck!

if the auction said all sales are final, and she's not returning it because it wasn't as described in the auction, you don't really have a moral obligation to refund her. You could always ask her to relist the item herself if she doesn't want to keep it, plus pay for the shipping to have the item sent back to her once you receive it..

Hi, sorry Im late to this thread but I had a similar situation which happened a while back. I sold a bag on Ebay, I used a relatives account (with their permission)...the bag sold for approx $350 so my relative gave me the money as soon as the auction ended and I spent the money shopping LOL.
Three days later the buyer e-mailed me and said that she had sent it back :wtf: I was gob smacked. My relative had a no return policy. The seller said that she didnt like the bag. So when the bag arrived back I told my relative to tell the delivery man "Im sorry Im not accepting this package"...the bag got sent back to the buyer and she had to pay the postage again LOL.
I dont think its right to just send an Item back for no specific reason so I would do what I did. hope that helps and good luck :smile:

if ur still deciding... why should u have to send her any $$ back? You stated "All Sales Final" that means all sales are final. Just b/c she refuses shipment does not mean she is not bound by the terms of the sale.

I just don't bid on auctions that say "all sales final" unless I am really sure about the item. And if I end up not liking it then I just eat the loss myself, b/c I knew what i was getting into from the start. However, it's a totally different thing if the seller misrepresents the merchandise.

Good luck.

As a seller myself - I would only refund her the cost of the item, but do not give her any of the shipping charges incurred. I have never charged someone a re-stocking fee because you can get your fees paid back. You can file a dispute with Ebay under Dispute Resolution. Since the bag was returned you, you can state that you refunded their money and will be able to receive your final Ebay Fees back. Ebay also will let you relist the item and if it sells the second time, you will not be charged that listing fee. If they paid by paypal, you will receive your fees back upon completing refund. Lastly, do not refund any money until you receive the bag back and can confirm it's condition. Good Luck.

Ok heres what I would do,
The buyer has presumably told you it was just refused delivey and that she has not opened the parcel?

If so then you have NO obligation to refund her at all, after all she bid and won the auction which is a binding contract, she cant just change her mind.

To issue a claim with paypal she has to prove she has returned it and that you have received it so unless you take delivery and sign for it she is unableto do this.

I would e-mail her saying that its a non returnable sale unless she can prove the item to be a counterfeit and that you do not issue refunds due to buyer remorse.

Let us all knowwhat you do and how you get on.,
Lorna xx

Whatever you do - check the bag!

Did you 'mark' the bag in some way, so that you will know it's yours when it is returned...? I hope you did!

If it were me, i'd also refuse the package. She has given no valid reason to be returning it...and it sounds to me like she has a classic case of 'buyers remorse':Push:

You quite clearly stated that there were no returns unless proven to not be authentic, so unless she has that proof, in writing, then she has to keep it. Legally binding contract, and all that.:yes:

By the way, hope you feel better soon x

I have to say that I agree with those that said you don't owe her a refund. Her hubby refused the bag, fine...but SHE bid on it and won, period. This was an auction, all sales are final. There are some people out there that just ruin the whole ebay experience for everyone!

I Would Like To Thank Evrybody For There Responses. I Recieved The Bag On Friday And My Dad Said The Box Looks Not Opened. I Have Not Opened It Yet Cause I Have Been Sick With The Flu. But If It Is The Same As I Sent It We Agreed On 20% Restocking Fee. So I Will Be Refunding Her 80%. She Was Very Happy That I Was Giving Her A Refund At All. See The Reason I Charged Her 20% Is The Bag Looks Like It Was Already Sold And From Experience I Have Had Trouble Selling It Again. Thanks Everybody.