Ladies!! Look at My New Birthday Gift!

Greentea said:
Ivette, you mean you've been busy toting your new gor-gee-ous bag around!! hehe

:shame: Well, sort of...
Took it out for the first time today and it was lovely. :biggrin:
My gf loved the color a lot. She knows I'm a purse freak but she never asks how much. Thank God for that!

Ivette said:
You know, I haven't worn it yet...just keep staring at it and wondering how to show it off. Knowing this area, no one will notice. :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm sure they didn't. They certainly don't notice mine around here. I don't think too many people in this area are that familiar with birkins. lol

They don't notice mine either in Michigan. Except one day when I got a manicure...I left my Birkin on the bench while I went to the bathroom...crazy me!! Anyway, I came back and the manicurist was prancing around with my Birkin showing it to people. I didn't know what to say...

Ivette said:
:shame: Well, sort of...
Took it out for the first time today and it was lovely. :biggrin:
My gf loved the color a lot. She knows I'm a purse freak but she never asks how much. Thank God for that!

I know Ivette...I hate when people ask how much.:rant: I don't mind telling the Purse Forum members because you understand the beauty and integrity of Hermes.:love:

Ivette said:
Thanks! I did learn one tidbit while talking to one of the SAs at the store regarding the JPG shoulder and I wonder if you've heard anything about this: The SA said that the JPG shoulder (which we all know) was made by JPG for the runway only, but when everbody saw it, everybody wanted it so that is why they were made. They are still being made, BUT at a limited number because the SA said, "it SLOWS down the process of making the original birkins"--apparently there are only so many artisans to make so many bags. He also said that the JGP only comes in only three colors AND that there are not huge waiting lists for them. Perhaps, at this store--they've only received less than a handful in the past year and I have one. Have you heard any of this? Wondered what your thoughts would be on this. Thanks.

ok - this is what i know...

when the JPG birkins were first introduced on the runway, it DID cause a huge pandemic (both on the runway and w/ fashion editors). everyone wanted one. but at the time (Fall'03), they only took pre-orders. and even those took time. so the ONLY people who recieved the very first JPGs were those who pre-ordered them on the trunk show and even then, they (at least in my boutique) had to wait over a year and a half to recieve their birkins.

these lovely babies were not released to the public (i.e. various shipments sent to select boutiques) until 2005. and the first release was composed of three major colors: white, blue & red.

nowadays, there are more color & leather options, however there's still limited production.

a SA at my boutique once told me that birkins are rare to come by in general, but these particular designs are even more scarce. but that quote was said in late 2004. not sure how the climate is these days. i think it depends on the individual.

both the weight and drastic change in design can be a turn-off for some but i l:heart: ve mine! btw, you'll never see these on the "floor" of my boutique.:amuse:

lovehermes said:
They don't notice mine either in Michigan. Except one day when I got a manicure...I left my Birkin on the bench while I went to the bathroom...crazy me!! Anyway, I came back and the manicurist was prancing around with my Birkin showing it to people. I didn't know what to say...

Sorry for the double-post, ladies. But this was worth a comment. Lovehermes, I would have ROYALLY :censor: that manicurist out. How rude!!!!