Ladies, I'm Definately going to need you on this one!!

passerby said:
Does she own any wrap dresses, Julian?

Lola y Maria Convertible VELVET Wrap Dress by Butter by Nadia

Sale $90

Chloehandbags, are you really looking for a clutch? Because if so, I'm on leave tomorrow (today actually :smile: ) and will enjoy "hunting" for a clutch (indie designers sites mostly). Otherwise, I will be twiddling my thumbs :smile:

Whoaa..Very nice! I'm not too sure if she owns any, but I do like this one. So its a one size only dress?

passerby said:
Does she own any wrap dresses, Julian?

Lola y Maria Convertible VELVET Wrap Dress by Butter by Nadia

Sale $90

Chloehandbags, are you really looking for a clutch? Because if so, I'm on leave tomorrow (today actually :smile: ) and will enjoy "hunting" for a clutch (indie designers sites mostly). Otherwise, I will be twiddling my thumbs :smile:

More like fighting the temptation to buy more, pb! :lol:

I already own 4 Chloe clutches (and a continental wallet I use as one!), 1 Matthew Williamson, 1 Missoni, 1 YSL, 1 Prada, 1 Jimmy Choo, 1 Megan Park and a Gucci continental wallet I also use as a clutch. :Push:

I'm a clutch addict!!!

Please don't encourage me!!! :shame:

JCMStyles said:
Whoaa..Very nice! I'm not too sure if she owns any, but I do like this one. So its a one size only dress?

Yes, it's a one size only. One size fits all. (or most)

Julian, you are the sweetest thing ever to be going through all this to pick something nice for your mom. She is ony lucky lady!

JCMStyles said:
I'm her son, actually. lol :P

I'm sorry Julian, poor multi-tasking, should have been paying more attention to purse blog & less to work:roflmfao:

And it is even more special that a young man would put in the time and research to find a great outfit for mom, you rock!

Sizes are tricky though. I think an 8 in Gap would be a 6 in Ann Taylor. What do you ladies think? This is why I mentioned taking measurements with a tape measure. What about a cute top to wear with jeans and a clutch? Is that too casual?

KittyBag said:
JCMStyles, I'm not really sure how much help I can be, but I just read this posting and can't help but rave how sweet you are to your Mom! I am sure that she will be thrilled! Can't wait to see what you decide on!

Yeah! What KittyBag said!

My mom's the same way, and I feel awful about it.

winternight said:
Sizes are tricky though. I think an 8 in Gap would be a 6 in Ann Taylor. What do you ladies think? This is why I mentioned taking measurements with a tape measure. What about a cute top to wear with jeans and a clutch? Is that too casual?

Love the idea of a cute top. Thoughts on this, please?

amycreates's Etsy Shop - Artwear Tops Zen Love Goddess Flowing Stretch Blouse Size Medium (Other Sizes Available in Shop)

I especially like the fact that she's got the words "Love" in English and Chinese on the top.

How about this?
amycreates's Etsy Shop - Artwear Tops Paisley Flapper Tunic Tank Size Medium Large

Attachments

• amycreates artwear tops zen love goddess flowing stretch blouse.jpg
    amycreates artwear tops zen love goddess flowing stretch blouse.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 22
  • amycreates artwear tops paisley flapper tunic tank size.jpg
    amycreates artwear tops paisley flapper tunic tank size.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 19
If you do decide to get a top for your Mum and there's money left over, how about some unusual jewelry? This talented lady called Windy makes lovely wire crochet jewelry:

Offthehookdesigns
Bubble Diva

Purple and Blue beaded bracelet

Bubbly Necklace

Oh and chloehandbags, I'm green with envy at your collection :smile:

Attachments

• Off the hook designs bubble diva.jpg
    Off the hook designs bubble diva.jpg
    15 KB · Views: 19
  • Offthehookdesign purple and blue beaded bracelet.jpg
    Offthehookdesign purple and blue beaded bracelet.jpg
    12.7 KB · Views: 21
  • Off the Hook Designs Bubby Necklace.jpg
    Off the Hook Designs Bubby Necklace.jpg
    10.5 KB · Views: 19
JCM if she is consistently an 8 in the Gap then she will about the same in BR but if you are buying S, M, or L sizes then I would go with an M. Ann Taylor loft runs bigger than Ann Taylor so I think you'd also be a size 8 in Loft but maybe a 10 in AT.

Does your mom have wide hips or is she busty...cuz that will also factor into sizing.

I'm 5'2'', 36DD and weigh around 140 so I'm a solid size 10. I also have a very juicy booty. I'm kind of built like J. Lo w/o the toned stomach lol. I'm lucky because I'm proportional.

In the GAp I can be anywhere from a 6 to a 12 depending on the cut and the same deal with BR. In stretch shirts (tshirts) I wear an M but in shirts with buttons I usually have to go XL because of my breasts. In Ann Taylor I'm a 10 in all of their dresses and Loft I can be a 6 or 8.:nuts: :wlae:

So you see a lot of factors go into sizing and it varies greatly so you may justhave to do trial and error before you get it right.

passerby: I just ordered the cutest clutch from Etsy. Thanks so much for that link.:flowers:

Chloehandbags: I will be joining you soon in Clutch Addicts Anonymous:P

Julian, you aretoo sweet! wow! after you give her her gifts, you should show her this thread so she can see how much work you put inot her day!!

ok, as soon as I read your very first post I instantly thought Wrap Dress!! & as I've read through the rest of the thread, I have to say, I am even more certain now. Wrap dresses are very vesatile in sizing, generally you can go up or down a size in the same dress, so you won't have to be too precious about getting her size/shape exactly right. also, they are extremely flattering & very chic, so she won't feel over or under dressed for the restaurant you tak her too.

one owrd of warming, for the spa, don't get her a treatment likea facial, they need a good day or longer to settle down before a big event cos your face goes blotchy & red, so I'd go for a fabulous aromatherapy massage, or a body mask treatment, somethign like that, but nothing on her face. of course, a mani & pdi is always very satisfying too:biggrin:

totally with the others about the shoes!! those black ones she has are fine!!! (cute actually:biggrin:) I would def spend the money on a fab bag or maybe an extra treatment at the spa.

would also go for a clutch, have you considered vintage? if you have any great vintage or charity shops near you you could take a quick browse.

I can't help at all on personal recommndations for meals or restaurants but I'm going to NY in a couple of weeks & so have been asking round on here for suggestions, if you do a search you should find some fabulous suggestions! Pastis & Balthazar seem to be firm favourites :biggrin:

This maybe a ridiculously touristy thing to do but what abot uone of the river cruises? I read of one that has a great 3 course meal on it included. that might be a memorable thing to do?

Whatever you decide, good luck with it, tell us all about it & post lots of pics!!