ladies i need your help! (hair color issue)

The Blonde is VERY nice on you! I know what you are saying about the "BAD Blonde" but your hair is NOT anywhere close to that!!!!

The blonde looks very natural on you....very pretty!

I like the blonde as well. It brightens you up. Are you coloring it yourself or do you use a stylist? One thing my colorist does to keep my hair from getting damged (it's very fine and I'm growing it out now) is that he just does the roots first, then does highlight/lowlight sections only on the rest (my natural color is a dark almost brown blond). I don't know what your hair texture is, but I've recently discovered Leonor Greyl hair products and they are the bomb! Not cheap, but my hair looks better than it ever has.

Oh, you are a fabulous blond! Do what I did. I learned to do a double process on myself. I bleach out the roots and then add a toner or like I did last was put a frosting cap on and pulled out some stands and did lowlights on myself. If I can do it, anyone can!

ilzabet said:
swanky:
right now i've been using matrix sleek.look shampoo and condish most often for about 3 or 4 months. i also had some paves shampoo and deep condish in the rotation sometimes. i think the matrix is contributing to the dryness. it has some pretty harsh cleansing agents in it. i think i'm going to switch soon, or at least add something more moisturizing into my rotation. breakage isn't worth it, even if it does make my hair more managable.
If you want to use Matrix, I would only use their line for color treated hair, I think Sleek is just to calm hair's frizzies, etc. . .

Have you tried Joico?
It's not a uber-popular brand, but it's salon-only. I use Kerapro and K-Pak conditioner and these 2 products are fantastic! I've been using these products on and off for 14 yeras and I get comments all the time on my hair. I used to work for a HUGE retail salon and our of most of the products, these were the best for me.

Also execellent is TiGi's Dumb Blonde line, VERY nourishing and specially for color treated hair.

My VERY favorite is Kerastase's Bain Resistance Line,
http://store.glamour4u.com/kere.html
but it's VERY pricey - like <$20 for a small bottle of shampoo, but it's like magic in a bottle IMO. I alternate each wash w/ Kerastase and Joico.

i deep condition 1-2x a week with a heavy olive oil/shea butter based masque from italy and usually only wash my hair about 3x a week. i've used sebastian potion 9 as a leave in for years and years...i notice a difference (and not a good one!) if i switch to something else. :smile:

I SWEAR by Potion #9!!! It's fabulous isn't it!?
I also use it w/ Phyto's phytodefrisant
http://store.nordstrom.com/category/cat_medium.asp?category=2377897~2383938~2383061&cm_ven=google&cm_cat=beauty&cm_pla=Phyto&cm_ite=phytodefrisant

UNBELIEVABLE product!

i've been looking for a violet conditioner to help combat the brassiness (which i think is in my head anyway) but all the ones i've used before have been discontinued lately. blargh.

any product suggestions? i'm a product junkie. it's worse than my fashion habit. :smile:
I use Joico's Simply Silver when I need a purple shampoo, sometimes I mix it into my regular shampoo.

I'd go REALLY easy on the Chi, you'd be better off just blow drying w/ a barrell brush that area I think.

SwankyMamaof3 said:
I'd go REALLY easy on the Chi, you'd be better off just blow drying w/ a barrell brush that area I think.

High five on that! The first time I used the serum, I ended up looking like a slick chick from the 80's, and not in a good way. :biggrin:

I like both a ton too, but the blond seems very chic IMO. I am struggling with what color I want my hair right now too, so I know how hard it is! But I'm a big fan of the blond!