Ladies, i need some thearpy...To sell or not to sell??

You need to part with what you love the least...If those are the cheaper bags and don't equate to enough money, then maybe you'll need to sell that one. I know it's hard, but it's way better than keeping that debt on your card because of purses.

^ I agree w/ e...The stress of carrying a high cc balance is just not worth it...Sometimes reality checks are hard..Sell the ones you love the least first..Then see where you stand..Good luck!! :heart: Emmy

I agree with the others, it's better to sell one of your bags than to carry cc debt. Think of it this way, price hike or not, you're not saving if you end up paying credit card interest.

Bags are not worth ruining your credit score. It will haunt you bag later in life when you are financially capable of making big decisions like buying new house, car, etc. Sell the bags that will clear out your balance so interest charges won't come in. It's not worth it.
Or start paying for your bags via debit cards. I do this to avoid the fiasco. Another bag will come into your life sometime soon, I say, part with the one you love least and get on. F/W 2007 is coming up in 3-4 months, Chanel will have gorgeous bags then too.

Bags are not worth ruining your credit score. It will haunt you bag later in life when you are financially capable of making big decisions like buying new house, car, etc. Sell the bags that will clear out your balance so interest charges won't come in. It's not worth it.
Or start paying for your bags via debit cards. I do this to avoid the fiasco. Another bag will come into your life sometime soon, I say, part with the one you love least and get on. F/W 2007 is coming up in 3-4 months, Chanel will have gorgeous bags then too.

:yes::yes::yes:

Maybe part with an LV since most of the LVs are quite easy to buy back again. ;)

^^OMG! "It will haunt you bag later..." I can't believe I mistyped "Back". It was supposed to be "It will haunt you back later..." THIS IS IT. This is the point where I'm officially obsessed with bags. :wtf:

Classic Chic: If i were you, i really wouldn't want to stack up the CC balance with all the school expenses. Also, frankly speaking, if you really really really want to keep that "ONE" bag, why not consider returning the new stuff, (you have 2 classics right ?) or returning something from regular production, so that you can always always know that they are there, and once you have enuf $ then go get it back !

It sounds like you already know what you need to do...sell a bag or 2. The only big decision here is which one will go. List your bags by your preference and like the other say, if you don't love it or will not use it much -that's the one to go.
You are still young and have plenty of time to build up your collection. Chanel will come out with more beautiful bags later this year, next year,etc. TPF is so much fun but it is also very tempting you see so many pretty bags to buy. I know you will do the right thing. Good luck!

I can empathise with your agnst because I have been there. It is really hard to practice self-control, at least for me. What I did to finance my Chanel collection is sell off my Chloe collection. I had eight Chloe bags and am now down to two that I really love and will never part with. It was hard to part with the others but I had to make a decision - Chanel or Chloe. I even sold my one and only LV Speedy 30 to put toward a new Chanel. That was really tough to do because it left with me nothing LV and the Speedy was my go-to bag for all things yucky for such a long time due to the durability.

Are there are LV's you could part with on ebay to help finance your Chanel bags? That might be an option you have to consider if you want to keep/buy more Chanel.

I still have some residual debt to pay off for a couple new Chanel bags but I have a plan and am confident I'll get there. I don't believe in making only minimum payments on credit cards due to the interest but I also don't make enough money to pay cash outright so have to use them. As long as I do my best to budget the expense on the card I don't worry too much, and I use lower interest cards.

Chanel will come out with more beautiful bags later this year, next year,etc.
That's a very good point.

I remember in the '80s (when everyone was spending like crazy) falling in love with some things that I thought I would love forever. The magazines talked about "investment" pieces. (Clothes and bags as a "good investment"... oh, please. :rolleyes: )

However, at the time, I thought for sure that I would never, ever change my mind and would wear those things for decades to come.

Well, guess what. Times change, fashion moves forward and designers come out with new items that are even more irresistible. Better made, better fabrics, better design. And the old stuff, no matter how much I loved it, just didn't appeal to me as much. (Not everything, of course... but many, many things.)

I think if you look carefully enough in your closet, you will be able to find something to sell, something that you don't truly love.

It's hard... I know... good luck! :smile:

Can't echo enough what the other girls have said - you gotta sell something if you have that much borrowed! I would keep one of two bags, then let everything else go.

As Jayne said, everything gets dated... the only Chanels that are released year after year are the classic flaps. No matter how much you love it now, you're going to love something else later.

:crybaby: nooo~ i can't believe this happen to me! i put one of the my Chanel on Ebay to help out w/school expenses, had some deeep thoughts before i decide to part w/it. I set the BIN high b/c that's what i think it's worth, so clearly it's not the best deal on Ebay, didn't receive any Qs in the beginning of posting, but now there's 3 pp express their love for my bag, request additional pix and infos. I did some background check of the potential buyers and they all have been a long time Ebayer w/regular purchase history of big ticket items. Everything sounds just as I hope for right? But each time i take additional pictures of it, the stupid bag is growing back on me!!! :shrugs: :hysteric: ARRGGHHH!

There will always be ANOTHER bag. Sell either that bag, or another one or two so that you are in in a financial mess. I agree with the suggestion to use debit over credit (that is what I do) because it is less-dangerous. Good luck with school and I am certain you will make the right decision. We are all here for you. :heart:

:wonderingSry I have everyone worry for me~Thank You All!!:flowers: I was so 'caught up' in the moment, i didn't provide the full picture in my post. I can clear up cc balance in roughly 3~4 months w/o doubt, it's the interest, and the fact I actually allow my desire to walk all over me in such way that bothers me. It's a wake up call for me.

And yes, I am throwing out more LV jewels on Ebay to catch the V-Day boom. Trying my best to sell this Chanel, if it's sold, definitely left up some weight from me, if not, I will throw out more stuff on Ebay to keep this baby-it's meant to be when you let go and still comes back!
Just that one paragraph alone would be a reality check for me. You are being very dishonest with your BF too.
Thanks for paying attention on this part too! BF and I are pretty far away on wealth chart. He is international student, support his mother and himself single handily, live average student life. I've been working since 12(no, it's not a crime to help out parent own business), pay my own and house bills, don't rely on family's wealth. Yet, can't deny the fact i am the single child who received BMW as HS graduation gift. So needless to day, BF's pride made him hyper sensitive about $ :P

C.Chic, I hope everything works out for you. So many nice people here are worried about you and your situation. They all gave you such great advices. Good luck with your auction on eBay, and hope you have a great semester :smile:

I agree about selling. Debt is a terrible thing and can cause so much stress. The pleasure you get from any bag won't counterbalance the down side of the stress, not to mention, consider how much the bag really costs when you factor in interest rates!

You are alot more responsible than I was at your age., but we are in similiar situations...with regard to our relationships. If you went so far as to put this bag on ebay, you are bothered by the debt you have incurred and you really should go ahead and sell it.