Lacing on the handles..

1. First, I'd like to say I can't get enough of this place.

Second, what material is the lacing on the handles? Do any of you worry about it ripping or wearing down from rubbing on your arms/shoulders?

2. I always thought it was shoelace LOL ...?? I'd like to know too!

I worry about the lace on my Vert D'eau turning black from dirt/wear, but not about it ripping or wearing down.

3. That's what I thought too! Before I got mine, I always thought it was made of really nice material or something, but when I saw it in person, I was like, "What the heck is this..?" lol

4. LOL, I am fighting to keep the "laces" on my white work clean.

I have actually used a little Oxy Clean on a toothbrush to brighten them up!

5. Before I got my City I thought that the lacing would be leather but you girls are right, it is more like a shoelace.

Because I only have Black I don't worry about it getting dirty and I have never really considered it doing any damage.

6. I'm not sure what the material is, either.
    My only worry with it is on lighter coloured bags and getting dirty.

7. I don't know either :confused1:. I agree with everyone else I thought it was made out of something really nice and it does kind of look like a shoelace.

8. Somehow I managed to rip the material in four places on one of the handles of my most-used bag. It looks awful.

I'm going to try and get it repaired by Balenciaga.

9. i agree with you girls! my lace has turned fluffy within one month of using my bbag! i thought the lace would at least be WAXED so it doesn't turn fluffy/furry??

10. ^oh no! i didn't even think about it becoming fluffy... that could be a problem...

Balenciaga handles [on the lighter bags] aren't really user friendly, are they? lol

11. For all this $$$ they should make these bags just a bit nicer so they won't look so dingy so quickly, for those of us who use our bags a lot!

12. I have read on here before that the covering of the laces is made of leather, but it really doesn't look like leather to me!!

13. I've been using mine nonstop since last Friday (I only got it on Thursday), and it's already gotten a bit fluffy. I'm trying to not let it bother me, but I can't help but think that it's only going to get worse as I use it more.

I wonder if there's anything we can do to prevent it from being damaged instead of just letting it happen?