LA Sample Sales - Mike&Chris,LaRok,Seychelles,Smashbox, + more

1. Got my LA sample sale email today... I no longer live in LA and I'm so bummed I won't be able to go to any of these. :crybaby: I will have to live vicariously through the rest of you.

Happy shopping!

What: Mike & Chris
    Why: Summer and past stock includes hoodie jackets in leather, fleece, and so on at up to 70 percent off.
    When: Oct. 4-6. Thurs. & Fri., 10 a.m.-6 p.m.; Sat., 10 a.m.-1 p.m.
    Where: 834 S. Broadway, at Ninth St., 2nd flr., Downtown.

What: LaRok
    Why: Dresses, were $200, now $48; tops, were $116, now $29.
    When: Oct. 4-6. Thurs., 10 a.m.-2 p.m. & 4-6 p.m.; Fri., 11 a.m.-7 p.m.; Sat., 10 a.m.-3 p.m.
    Where: 5175 Soto St., near Fruitland Ave., Vernon (323-584-3500).

What: Top Button
    Why: Designers like Jovovich-Hawk, Linea Pelle, and many more, at up to 60 percent off.
    When: Oct. 4. VIP preview ($35 in advance), Thurs., 5:30-6:30 p.m.; sale ($20 with R.S.V.P. or $30 at the door), Thurs., 6:30-9:30 p.m.
    Where: The Pacific Design Center, 8687 Melrose Ave., at San Vicente Blvd., ste. b229, West Hollywood.

What: Seychelles and Smashbox
    Why: Pumps, flats, boots, and wedges as well as cosmetics priced below wholesale.
    When: Oct. 5 & 6. Fri., 10 a.m.-5 p.m.; Sat., 10 a.m.-1 p.m.
    Where: 202 N. Nash St., near El Segundo Blvd., El Segundo. R.S.V.P. to

What: By Malene Birger and Giorgio Brato.
    Why: These stellar lines priced $24-$500.
    When: Oct. 12. Fri., 10 a.m.-6 p.m.
    Where: The Cooper Building, 860 S. Los Angeles St., b/t Eighth & Ninth Sts., ste. 320, Downtown (213-624-3474).

What: J & Company
    Why: Warehouse sale with more than 2,000 pairs of jeans for men and women.
    When: Oct. 13 & 14. Sat., 9 a.m.-4 p.m.; Sun., 10 a.m.-3 p.m.
    Where: 1501 S. Rio Vista Ave., b/t Olympic Blvd. & S. Soto St., Downtown.

What: Webster
    Why: Get 15 percent off the entire fall collection and preview and preorder for spring.
    When: Oct. 19 & 20. Fri. & Sat., 10 a.m.-6 p.m.
    Where: Holiday, 912 Montana Ave., b/t Ninth & Tenth Sts., Santa Monica (310-434-9274).

What: Nae & Audie
    Why: Up to 80 percent off on loungewear, boy shorts, and everything else you live in.
    When: Oct. 17. Wed., 5-9 p.m.
    Where: Lawrence Asher Gallery, 5820 Wilshire Blvd., at S. Stanley Ave., ste. 100 (213-926-2277).
  2. wow thanks!
  3. Great! i'm planning to drop by Mike & Chris and LaRok too! Anyone been to the LaRok sale? wondering how's the parking there! Thanks in advance!
  4. missyiovely, let us know how's LaRok if you go. I'm hopping over to Mike & Chris during my lunch hour tomorrow so hopefully no long lines.... I'm thinking of LaRok on Saturday if it has good stuffs. TIA.
  5. sure will def let you know the details tomorrow! I'm planning to drop by both tomorrow as well. :yes:
  6. adeener- what did you sign up with to get that e-mail about all the sample sales? I'm always looking for a deal, so it would be nice if they just popped up in my e-mail!

missy- i'll be at both the mc and larok sale too, can't wait!!
  7. I've been to the LaRok sample sale, it was okay. I bought a "west coast choppers" l/s shirt for my DH and a top for myself, and I only bought the top so I wouldn't feel the drive was a complete waste of time and gas.

Hope you guys have better luck.

and yes, what's the site to sign up for the LA sales? I'd love to know.
  8. thank you!!!!
  9. sonia, would you say that the stuff at the larok sale was still pretty expensive? I wonder now if I should go...
  10. If you find yourself at department stores eyeing LaROK clothes and you like the style/brand, then you will like the sample sale.

For me, I occassionally pick up their tops, try it on, and pass on it because I don't love it for the price. At the sample sale, I picked up maybe 6 items, mostly tops and a crochet hip-length top (which I wanted to wear as a bathing suit cover-up) but didn't end up buying it for $45 because I didn't love it. I bought a cream-colored short-sleeve top for $20, I've worn it once and may wear it again.

The tops were about $20 - $60-ish. I remember seeing these tops (in various colors and they ranged between $30 something and up (I think).

11. Oh, they also had dresses, can't remember the prices, but more than the tops.
  12. thank you so much...that helps A LOT! I think we're pretty much on the same page...I wouldn't buy anything for $45 (even if it is incredibly marked down) if I didn't love it either! heck, I wouldn't even buy it for $20 if I didn't love it! My friend's really itching to go, so I'll let you know what happens!!
  13. it's worth seeing, to satisfy your curiosity and you may even find stuff you love. good luck!
    -oh and someone asked about parking, they have PLENTY of parking right in front.
  14. Thanks sonia*luvs*bag for the details! I hope I can find something i like!
    Smallbag- will see you there haha!