L A Ink anyone?

kat is gorgeous -- if it wasn't for all those tats .. she has one too many! ;)

i'll defintely be watching tho .. i was LA this weekend and i saw her tat shop! that was pretty cool! it would be very cool to get a tattoo by her :biggrin:

I love her work-I am a big Miami Ink fan had the opportunity to meet Ami and Chris Nunez at their bar Love-Hate last month. The whole thing between Kat and Ami was 85% for the cameras...go to Tom Green's website to see a 1 hour interview with Kat-she and Oliver got divorced and she talks about MI and the whole thing w/Ami. Hannah is a better artist IMO but Kat totally rocks!

I haven't seen the interview; but, had assumed that A&E had offered her a show and the whole brew-ha-ha at the end of Miami Ink was just for the cameras and to usher in her own show. Now, there may have been tension - there often is tension when a lot of creative, strong-willed, independent people are all working together.

I am a HUGE Garver fan - I emailed to see about getting tatted by him at his home shop in Cali...I got a response from his asst that he would be back in Cali in October; since then I have not thought to follow up.

I do think Ami is very talented when he is allowed to be creative - many artists hate doing "flash" work and really shine when they are able to do custom creations, which really showcase their talents.

I watched LA Ink and think the whole crew is extremely talented...I do know someone who contacted Miami Ink to get tatted there and the producers said it would be $1000 minimum and to expect the session to last 4 hours, since it is "filmed". The tattoo she wanted was maybe 2-3 inches big, and would run $250-300 at any regular NON-TV tat shop. Needless to say, she didn't want to be on TV enough to pay $1000 for a tattoo that should cost 1/4 of that and take only 1 hour to complete (if that).

I haven't seen the interview; but, had assumed that A&E had offered her a show and the whole brew-ha-ha at the end of Miami Ink was just for the cameras and to usher in her own show. Now, there may have been tension - there often is tension when a lot of creative, strong-willed, independent people are all working together.
Me too! I mean, the show came out WAYYY too soon after the whole blow-up for it to have been decided afterwards..
I am a HUGE Garver fan - I emailed to see about getting tatted by him at his home shop in Cali...I got a response from his asst that he would be back in Cali in October; since then I have not thought to follow up.

I do think Ami is very talented when he is allowed to be creative - many artists hate doing "flash" work and really shine when they are able to do custom creations, which really showcase their talents.
Garver is amazing. I think they are all good, though, & I've seen some really sh$%y tattoos/artists. I'd get tattoos done by any of them.
I think Kat is gorgeous with all her tattoos, but I think tattoos are hot. :biggrin:

It is my DREAM to have Kat tattoo a portrait on my back. I have this amazing black and white photo-booth pic of my parents when they were 19 and just got engaged. They are so young, gorgeous and happy in that pic. I want that tattoo so much. Maybe someday.

I'm so behind on MI, but in the eps I watched ami and kat were not getting on well. Will have a look out for the new show.
My fav artist is garver he is just so talented! Would love him to design a koi for me.

oh and omg how fantastic does she look in those pics! She was pretty anyway before she lost the weight but now...!

Garver moved away from LA in April. He no longer tattoos at True Tattoo. He is living and working in Miami now full time.

I love love love Miami Ink but haven't caught any of the latest stuff for a while. Anyone know what channel if any it's being shown on in the UK? I think it swtiched and I can't seem to find it on anywhere! I love all their work, think Kats soooo cool and Ami is HOT.

I watched LA Ink and think the whole crew is extremely talented...I do know someone who contacted Miami Ink to get tatted there and the producers said it would be $1000 minimum and to expect the session to last 4 hours, since it is "filmed". The tattoo she wanted was maybe 2-3 inches big, and would run $250-300 at any regular NON-TV tat shop. Needless to say, she didn't want to be on TV enough to pay $1000 for a tattoo that should cost 1/4 of that and take only 1 hour to complete (if that).

Chris lives in Miami full-time now, maybe going to LA for a visit, not sure but he is truly the best in the business. He sells his flash and I would let a skilled tatooer ink me-keep in mind flash is taken from the best in the biz as a rule. We hit Love-Hate again this weekend if any of you go to South Beach even if you're not into the tattoo culture its a cool place! I didn't see Ami the buzz was Nunez was there but I didint see him either. I dont get the whole pricing thing to be on the show-you'd think it would be cheaper because you're on TV not the other way around. The only artists IMO that should get that kind of $$$ are Kat and Garver.