Kooba's Terrible Customer Service

One more tale ... sold a brown Nina to someone in Colorado, signature confirmation delivery but carrier did not get customer's signature, just left it in the parcel box in their apartment complex. When she got mail, she found it and box was damaged. Looked like it had gotten wet and opened up and was then resealed on end (flat rate priority box) with loads of priority tape. She would not have accepted had it been presented to her for signature. Anyway, bag front flap was all scratched up, there was a stickey white residue in some areas - which I think was probably dissolved glue from box end that got wet - and the tote handle was missing. I'll never figure out how that happened, since it was clipped to the side rings. Chain handle was there. Anyway, I called Kooba to ask about a replacement handle and they told me they "don't have parts for their bags". Customer returned the bag and I filed insurance claim still haven't heard back on that yet and it's been over a month. Postal clerk asked me if bag could be repaired and handle replaced and I told her "surely you jest ... and told her what Kooba said". So post office has the Nina and I'm awaiting news on my filed claim. Which brings up another subject of mail carriers not getting the signatures when you've paid for that service.

Hi ladies, I had to 'revive' this thread as I am trying to get a replacement button for an Angie Python I bought from Ebay. I have seen quite a few on Ebay with missing/broken buttons so I thought I could try to get one from them. Well the Customer Rep actually called me at home and asked more questions about the bag. I told her I bought it at a local retailer in Edmonton (I didn't want to say Ebay but I know it's authentic!) so I got the usual talk about it having to go through the retailer. I told her no, I am calling Kooba because you made these bags, I am willing to pay and you have made a defective product that is not secure and breaks off. She then asked me to send pictures so they would know "what the buttons look like". I was confused and I said they are the buttons on the Python Angie-and she said they still needed to know what it looked like!! I said have you been to your own website? Do you not know what the buttons on this bag look like??
Wow I was getting frustrated...so I sent the pics of the bag, and hopefully I will get something in the mail! I will let everyone know if this Rep will come through for me...

I came across this thread and had to bump it. I too just had a terrible customer/product experience with kooba. Service was terrible. I returned my item and will never buy anything by the brand again. For a $295 bag it looked ridiculously cheap and they gave me the run around on how to return. I know it;s listed on the website but I called just to make sure and there were at least 2 other steps to the return process that weren't on the site. Never again. P.S. the bag stunk of chemicals when I received it and made my hands smell like the bag from touching it.

I sent Kooba an email asking if I could pre-order a Fall 2008 bag and I got a canned answer explaining how to order a bag by selecting the bag in the pull-down menu next to the picture. Good thing they cleared that up for me - I never would have been able to figure that out. Looks like I'll be spending my $650 somewhere else.

I sent an email recently also and got a standard answer that did not address my question at all. It was not a hard question and would have only taken a couple minutes to research. What lazy unconcerned customer service they have.

I feel sad, as I have mentioned earlier on, that Kooba has such shabby CS. This subforum used to be rather busy, and now there are only a few postings a day. I only hope that they get smart and start carrying about their customers. When I went to Saks last week, they only had 2 Kooba bags displayed, and they used to have at least 5 or 6 to choose from......

I only purchased 1 Kooba handbag from kooba.com but I returned it as the bag was too small. I did not have any problems returning the handbag and they credited my card promptly. My only peeve was it was a pain to go on-line and request a return label then email the label. Most stores the receipt comes with a return label.

I'm still waiting for my refund from Kooba. Generally in the past with most merchants I usually saw a refund in 2-3 business days. They received it Tuesday so hopefully it comes soon.

All I can say is that I will never part with my Jessie or Sienna, but I don't think I will be buying any more Koobas. Believe me, and I say this with all sincerity, Tano bags are much more well constructed these days, and they are really great bags. It's not the cost that makes the bag, but the quality of workmanship, so I will be bidding Kooba farewell for a long time, unless they can convince me that they can come up with something better than they have recently.

On this last Sunday I email Customer Service asking for locations or name of stores or boutiques carrying Kooba that were in my vicinity of CA. I listed my zip code.

Below is the answer I got.

[email protected] wrote:
Dear Kooba Online Customer,

Kooba collection is available at Neiman Marcus, Saks Fifth
Avenue, Barneys New York, Bergdorf Goodman, and over
400 better specialty stores throughout the United States,
Canada, Japan, and Europe.

Thank you!

Kind Regards,

Customer Service
Kooba Online
[email protected]
323-325-9819 Phone
310-868-2938 Fax

http://www.kooba.com

Note: In order for us better track this issue, please include our
comments in your reply. If you reply without our comments, it
may be difficult to track the conversation since we have a large
number of Customer Service Representatives.

Here is my response, I was very, very, p zz d off when I wrote this. But, somebody had to.

And so I guess, rather than give me store address', and or boutique address'or even names I should just spend a day or two calling every store in California to see if they carry Kooba?

Do you not know who carries your product?

Your company has a horrible reputation for customer service and I certainly see why. Please have one of your VP's (or whatever you call your directors) make a visit to ThePurseForum.com, and check out the section devoted to Kooba. There you will find hardcore Kooba fans, and also reports on the quality or lack of your customer service.

For a company selling high price bags you are failing your customers right and left. The internet is a wonderful method of passing along information and opinion. There is nothing quite like a bunch of women comparing notes on the service they receive from a company.

Thank you so much for information I have gotten myself using Google, at least the list of major department stores. I asked for stores in my vicinity, I gave you my zip code. You were no help at all. I will be another addition to the long list of unhappy Kooba buyers.

Sincerely,
XXXXXX XXXXXXXX

[email protected] wrote:
Dear Kooba Online Customer,

Kooba collection is available at Neiman Marcus, Saks Fifth
Avenue, Barneys New York, Bergdorf Goodman, and over
400 better specialty stores throughout the United States,
Canada, Japan, and Europe.

Thank you!

Kind Regards,

Customer Service
Kooba Online
[email protected]
323-325-9819 Phone
310-868-2938 Fax

http://www.kooba.com

Note: In order for us better track this issue, please include our
comments in your reply. If you reply without our comments, it
may be difficult to track the conversation since we have a large
number of Customer Service Representatives.

^WOW. ITA
First off-they should have an automatic list- of stores in every state, that they could send to interested customers. The way the responded was very 1/2 assed. Almost as if they were saying- either go through the time YOURSELF- to find us- or dont- either way have a nice day....Thats totally unacceptable

For a company selling high price bags you are failing your customers right and left. The internet is a wonderful method of passing along information and opinion. There is nothing quite like a bunch of women comparing notes on the service they receive from a company.

:yes:

Well, we'll see. It's good that you got that letter off your chest, ejbfelton, and I only hope that you get a real response, and not some computer-generated response. I, personally, have purchased two Kooba purses and still love them and would never sell them. On the other hand, I am done with Kooba and have moved on to spending my money elsewhere since they have actually cheaped out and raised their prices way too high for what you actually get since the Sienna and Jessie were manufactured.

Hello compassrose,

I'm not "off" Kooba, but I definitely wanted to know the location of the closest store or boutique was. I would love to see a Kooba IRL before I purchase one.

I have thirteen or fourteen in my closet right now and love them all.

I hope my email did some good, I'm not holding out hope. I do wish someone in the company would visit this board out of curiosity. They do need help with their Customer Service.