Kooba Sienna...too heavy??

Kimmi

Aug 6, 2006
Hi! Hope someone can help me. I just got the Kooba Sienna in black...I love the look of it, it's a pretty simple black bag, love the feel of the leather...but my shoulder hurts after 10 minutes of carrying it...please help! I want someone to tell me that this will get better, or after my shoulder gets REALLY numb I won't notice it! I don't want to return it but thats alot of money to stick in the back of the closet after a month. Thanks :shrugs:

With the large size of bags these days and some of them having so much studding/metal, I think this is something to think about. I can't tell you if it will get better, but it's why I gave a MJ Stam to my niece--it was way too heavy for me before I put anything in the bag. Don't ask me why I didn't notice in the store or just return it--dumb, dumb, dumb.

If it's too heavy for you that's not anything that will change over time like shoes breaking in, for example. I'd return it. Bags should not be painful!!

I personally don't find mine too heavy, but if it doesn't work for you I would recommend finding something else. ITA, that's too much $$ to just sit in a closet!

Good luck!

Thanks...I think you all might be right, I have been using it all day and while it's on it doesn't hurt, but afterwards...my mom says it feels like a suitcase on your shoulder. It is a beautiful bag though. Does anyone know of another nice black leather bag? Thanks again for posting back!

Is it something you and your Mom are going to share? You might try varying what you carry in it to see if that helps. It's roomy, but if I fill mine up completely it would be too heavy. No water bottles, for example.

here are some other black Koobas - not sure on weight compared with Sienna:

Jessie:

Claudia:

javascript:popUp('/store/catalog/pr...elected=mg&item=prod27030138',600,600,'yes');

That first bag is great pursegirl. No it is mine, but my mom tried it on, she thought it was amazing looking but really heavy...I am still considering keeping it (I LOVE it :sad: I know I am loony here but...may be I am just used to un-naturally light bags!)...thanks so much for taking the time to help out! By the way do you know the name of that first Kooba...I think that might cause another obsession now.

That first bag is great pursegirl. No it is mine, but my mom tried it on, she thought it was amazing looking but really heavy...I am still considering keeping it (I LOVE it :sad: I know I am loony here but...may be I am just used to un-naturally light bags!)...thanks so much for taking the time to help out! By the way do you know the name of that first Kooba...I think that might cause another obsession now.

I found all of them on the NM website...the first one wasn't specified but here's the link:

Neiman Marcus  - Shoulder Bag
:flowers:

I don't find my Sienna heavy but I am used to a big bag. Many Koobas are heavier. I just got the Lena today (the first bag pictured) and it is equal too or slightly heavier that the Sienna. The Jessie I have also and it is very much lighter. I adore that bag but it doesn't hold as much as a Sienna.
If it's too heavy now I don't think it will get better. But I know from experience you can get used to it. All of my bags are on the heavy side. Since I own 11 Koobas that tend to have heavy leather and rings, it's my lot in life.

That Lena is really nice...did you get the black? How much heavier??? Seriously,did your shoulder hurt at all after wearing the bag? Anyway...I have to force myself to get used to that Sienna...I don't think I have the heart to send it back to some cold Saks shelf!!! And if I stick in in the closet in a week my husband will...well it won't be pretty. Maybe if I switch arms every now and then I can consider it a workout.

I have the Sienna in Cream and it's heavy. I still like it, it looks great. But, if you're looking for a lightweight black bag maybe check out the Hayden Harnett Mercer Satchel in black, I have it in Chalk and use it all the time. It's very lightweight, great looking, functional, and has tons of interior pockets, it's one of my favorite bags. Good luck w/ your decisions.

If you like the look of the Sienna, try the Kooba Scarlett. It is basically the same as the Sienna in a smaller size. I got rid of my Sienna because it was too heavy so I feel your pain.

I just got the Kooba Claudia which is very big thick leather with studs - but for some reason it is not heavy! Cant figure it out! This is my first Kooba and I love it!

i'll be getting my black sienna tomorrow hopefully.. and i'll let you know what i think about the weight. i just hope not too heavy.. because i tend to lug alot of stuff with me.. :lol: