kooba maria question

1. I am new to the world of designer bags and I just got my first Kooba- the Charlie and I am hooked! I have been eyeing the kooba Maria suede on kooba.com for a while now, as i would like a slightly smaller bag. What do you all think? Are there any other smaller kooba bags that you like better? Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

2. I really like the Maria but I think it really comes down to what you are using this purse for. I think it is the perfect size for a night out or maybe even the weekend, but I didn't really see any newer styles from Kooba with the same shape and size or anything close to comparison.

I think you would like it but I have heard that Suede tends to not last as long as regular leather so that's something to keep in mind.
  3. I just bought a brown metallic Maria - haven't received it, but am very excited about it - and searching for posts here was very helpful. It really helped convince me that the Maria was for me. I just entered "kooba maria" in the search bar, chose the "show posts" radial button, and read all the posts. There were several very good pictures posted as well.
  4. Hey there Savvy. The Maria is a wonderful bag. If you carry essentials plus a little more it's perfect. It's not good for books, water bottles, lunch bags, etc. The Shoulder strap is very comfortable. My Maria is one of my favorite Koobas.

I would seriously have you consider a Jessie for a Mid size Kooba with a shoulder strap and good funtionality. Another Favorite of mine. I have 2 of these myself. And they can be found on eBay and since they haven't been faked you are certain to get a good bag.

Java Jessie.JPG jessie1.JPG
  5. Savvy, until recently I had a Maria in tobacco. The only reason I sold it is because I have a Ginger in exactly the same color, so I'm on the lookout for a black Maria, so I have a more varied color selection in my wardrobe. It's a small bag, but ideal for just the essentials.
  6. That raisin Jessie is fabulous.
  7. hi ladies- thanks for all the info. On Tuesday am, I was all set to get meself a Kooba jessie in raisin and a suede Maria from kooba.com and I got called away at work. And in 2 hours almost all bags except a few were gone! I was so bummed/depressed?!!! I think I still am. Now i'll have to by on ebay I suppose. Should I get a frankie? It seems like not too many people here have one.
  8. You can call Neiman Marcus Last Call in Georgia, 678-847-5777. They have Jessies in black and bourbon for $297 but with additional 20% off special that is on now, the cost is $237.60. Plus they will ship them Fed Ex for $15.00. If you have a NM charge, you'll get an additional 5% off. But,they're going fast, better call tomorrow.
  9. Savvy - if you're looking at that raisin frankie on ebay, it's pretty beat-up. Alot of wear to the bottom, and an actual hole. Looks like it was used hard! Kooba probably pulled their sale bags from the website for the back to school sale. If you wait a bit, some may show back up. Frankies show up every now and then, but Maria's are pretty rare on ebay.