KONAD Nail Art Stamp Kit

i also have konad! i like it but lately, the polish will not stick on to my stamp! even if i file the damn thing or clean it with nail polish remover

DSC_0125.jpg

DSC_0002.jpg

These are soooo cute! Especially the bows! :yahoo: I have that same ring too! You have fab taste in jewelry! ;)

Jem what nail polish did you use for the Konad design on top? It's really pretty. It's not one of the "special polishes" is it? I like the look of it a LOT! You are quite inspirational! :yahoo:

Hi M! I used China Glaze BFF for the design. Not a Konad special polish, they are too expensive :tdown:

thank you for all the wonderful comments. you are all so sweet!:heart:

You kind of need to test them out... the thin, sheer polishes won't work, but the thicker ones like For Audrey, Shower Together, and the Romantique collection works really well. I also love their OMG polishes! I need to track down the ones I don't have. :P

I'm going to try their metallics later on this week to see if they stamp well, but for the most part, China Glaze polishes stamp better overall than any other brand I've tried.

I just want to let you know that i've tried it a while back and it didn't work:sad:

Aqua - THat's the conclusion I came to, too. It went on fine, but when I tried to scrape the excess off, it wouldn't come off all the way, KWIM? I stamped it on my nail anyway, to see what it looked like, and it was like a blurry version of the design. I wonder if a less-intricate design would work better? Or if I had a thicker acrylic? I'm using brand new JoAnn's brand, and they're pretty thin.

Is this similar to the results you got?

You kind of need to test them out... the thin, sheer polishes won't work, but the thicker ones like For Audrey, Shower Together, and the Romantique collection works really well. I also love their OMG polishes! I need to track down the ones I don't have. :P

I'm going to try their metallics later on this week to see if they stamp well, but for the most part, China Glaze polishes stamp better overall than any other brand I've tried.

Thanks so much for the wonderful China Glaze tip! I'm getting excited to try mine now! :yahoo:

I was just curious if anyone knows where the name Konad comes from? LOL! Is it the inventor's name or something else? The name just seems a little odd to me. I think it's because it reminds me of Conan the Barbarian...I know different spelling, etc, but it still strikes me as a little odd, rather than having a name that screams NAILS so people know immediately what the product is. KWIM? I know, I'm weird...:P

haha, it reminds me of Conan the Barbarian too!! I'm also on the same boat with you about this peculiar name....KONAD...how funky!

i'd sure like to have him do my nails though....helloo.... LOL
263h5cw.jpg

HAHA, ok, on a more serious note, i do know KONAD stands for because i read about it over on makeupalley ---> stands for Korean Nail Art Design

^ You solved the mystery for me Aqua!:okay: Is there anything you can't do??? LOL! Well, thanks for agreeing with me so at least I'm not the only one. Now that I know what it stands for it actually makes lots of sense!!!
:yes:

Aqua - THat's the conclusion I came to, too. It went on fine, but when I tried to scrape the excess off, it wouldn't come off all the way, KWIM? I stamped it on my nail anyway, to see what it looked like, and it was like a blurry version of the design. I wonder if a less-intricate design would work better? Or if I had a thicker acrylic? I'm using brand new JoAnn's brand, and they're pretty thin.

Is this similar to the results you got?

So it seems like we had a similar experience. The design stamped onto the stamper kinda non-smooth and it went on my nail, just like it did to you, a blurry mess. I was trying to think of all the possibilities why it'd do that, from the consistency of the paint, to the drying time, etc. and i think it's just the composition of the paint that won't let it stick. The various methods i tried was: using thicker paint, using thinner paint, and allowing the paint to dry a bit before stamping. I also tried using different designs that varied in fineness and it still created the same mess. Bummer....imagine if it actually works:drool: heavennnn.

Well, at least we gave it a try. If we didn't, we would have never known. Feel free to experiment some more...maybe you'll be able to figure out a magical formula to make it work.

If it helps, here's what I do: I have a paper towel w/nail polish remover on it handy and I wipe off both the plate and the scraper between each stamp.

I need to thank you for this tip! I was so frustrated with cotton balls since the fibers were sticking to my fingers and nails, and this solved that problem. I stamped a full set of nails in 5 minutes... it was so easy to clean the plate and stamp this way. :smile:

So it seems like we had a similar experience. The design stamped onto the stamper kinda non-smooth and it went on my nail, just like it did to you, a blurry mess. I was trying to think of all the possibilities why it'd do that, from the consistency of the paint, to the drying time, etc. and i think it's just the composition of the paint that won't let it stick. The various methods i tried was: using thicker paint, using thinner paint, and allowing the paint to dry a bit before stamping. I also tried using different designs that varied in fineness and it still created the same mess. Bummer....imagine if it actually works:drool: heavennnn.

Well, at least we gave it a try. If we didn't, we would have never known. Feel free to experiment some more...maybe you'll be able to figure out a magical formula to make it work.

All acrylic paint is water-based... not conducive to stamping. Whether you're trying Konad stamping or regular rubber stamps on paper.

Why not just stick to nail polish? You already know it works. If it isn't broken then don't fix it. :smile: