Kind of weird/personal, but has anyone had a labiaplasty?

1. I never in a million years thought the first kind of plastic surgery I would have would be *this*:whistle:, but c'est la vie. Apparently, there are others out there like me, which makes me feel better.:yes: Any TPF ladies? I have enlarged labia minora that I'm going to have reduced, surgery is scheduled for Oct. 16 or 30. I'm SO excited! It's something that has irked me for awhile, and it's uncomfortable when wearing tight pants. The BF doesn't care either way, although he did equate the surgery to him getting a "new toy" without having to date someone else. :p
  2. Please let me know how it goes for you. My sister's friend has been looking into labiaplasty, she too, has enlarged labia minora; she feels very self-conscious about its' appearance.

Good luck!
  3. Dr. 90210 had a segment on a labiaplasty. Apparently, the girl had huge excess skin down there and it hurt when she had sex because of the extra skin rubbing. The doctor showed the excess skin after he cut it off and I could see why she was complaining... She seemed extremely happy after this happened....
  4. LOL! :p

Best of luck to you with your surgery! I read an article about labiaplasty in Allure a couple of months ago. Wishing you a safe and speedy recovery :nuts:
  5. Bad news:crybaby:, I have to wait 6 months to have the surgery because I've been taking Accutane, which inhibits your body's ability to heal. AHHH!! I am just so ready to have this over and done with. I'm irrationally upset right now b/c this is no one's fault and no one could predict the timing, but still. :cursing:
  6. I've thought about it but I don't know if I hate my labia enough to actually spend money doing it. Maybe if I won the lotto. I hope it comes out well for you.
  7. There was a article on the web about how the medical association thought this was the biggest joke and mistake that doctors are doing for money right now. They said there could be a lot of complications including scar tissue and other problems. I would read up about possible complications. It is like the doctors finding a new thing to make woman feel uncomfortable and insecure about their natural look and now having it as a quick fix it to make you look like a flower, ect.....

8. true. there are definitely a lot of nerves down there!
  9. I read that article in Allure also! Whatever your decision is, I wish you the best of luck!
  10. I feel the same way (only that I'm not sure I'd be comfortable dropping my pants and explaining the "issue" to the dr. :shame: :p) but it's def. something that I'd like to have done -I'm asymmetrical and it bugs me! :p

anyway, good luck (to the OP) and hope you have a speedy recovery. :flowers:
  11. I'm not sure if it matters or not, but I've never once thought that a girl's labia was too big or too small. I honestly have never heard any of my male friends comment on it either.
    I'm pretty sure it's a non issue with us... you know, if any girls might wonder.
  12. in some countries, they love big fat labias..they find it sexy! :nuts:

13. true. I've never heard a man complain. Shoot, men don't even seem to notice my thighs are too big for the rest of my body. Men never see us the way we see ourselves.
  14. I actually did wonder that, thank you Charles :flowers:
    As long as it works right I guess that's all that matters :p
  15. Good luck! I hope the surgery goes well. I personally couldn't imagine having it, but I'm also pretty happy with the, er, amount of skin there. I've read many articles, though, about women who sound like they were a lot happier having it. :smile: