Review Kérastase ELIXIR ULTIME

I have! I use a lot less though. I have a LOT of hair, and it's long. On dry hair I use one pump and rub it into my hands coating my whole palm and fingers and run my fingers through my hair from halfway {where a ponytail would be} and down. When it's pretty much gone I smooth the top of my head w/ it.

I have! I use a lot less though. I have a LOT of hair, and it's long. On dry hair I use one pump and rub it into my hands coating my whole palm and fingers and run my fingers through my hair from halfway {where a ponytail would be} and down. When it's pretty much gone I smooth the top of my head w/ it.

Thanks Swanky! Gonna give it a try!!!

Ok so I've tried it and have been using it for the past couple months. I really can't say that it is any better than other shine serums I've used that cost less. I didn't notice any difference with it and would put it on the same playing field as other salon treatments. It's nice, but for my hair was no miracle . I think Loreal Mythic Oil was just as good if not better. I'm bummed, though, because I was hoping the Kerastase would be amazing. It was nice but that's it.

It may be my hair texture. I have curly hair.

Last edited:
I still have some Moroccan Oil Light left, so I am definitely going to try mixing the two of them!

I have a new system lately which has left my long, thin, damaged hair looking shiny and gorgeous.

I mix 1-2 drops Moroccan Oil (the actual MO in the blue bottle) to 3-6 drops Elixir Ultime and apply it to damp hair - chin length to the ends. The Moroccan Oil has more silicones and "weight" and smooths the hair more than the Elixir Ultime alone. The Elixir Ultime is lighter and brings moisture. Together they even out the bad points of the other.

I comb it out with a shower comb and when it is nearly dry, I spray some of the new L'Oreal EverCreme leave-in on the bottle half of my hair.

Soft, gleaming hair, which once looked like straw!

Is anyone else having trouble getting the Elixir shipped from the Kerastase website? I ordered it from the website initially, but it's now saying that they can't ship this via air to the US.

So....I have been using this for a few weeks now. It makes my hair super shiny and incredibly soft!!!! It's a million times better than morroccan oil and worth every penny!!!!!

For the record....I have long blonde straight hair with highlights....

I have the same question.. I really want to get this because of the rave reviews but I wear my hair curly (I'm maintaining my digipermed hair for almost a year). Does this product work great for digipermed hair too? I really hope so. :smile:

It's great for any type of hair, it's just a really luxe oil. It won't straighten curly hair or curl straight hair :biggrin:
I find that it softens and gives a great deal of shine!

For those of you who don't live in America - did you order product online or buy at salon? How much would you expect to pay? Any Aussies that have tried it? Thanks in advance :smile: