Kelly Love...

I'm bumping this thread up ...

I know that the Birkin is the most coveted, but Kellys are not 2nd choice! They are great bags with a different style.

So Kelly owners, write down your thoughts here!

For the longest time I have thought Kellys take the top spot. Actually, I do want a Birkin, but I still feel the Kelly has the beautiful lines and look. It is really the classic beauty. I am glad this thread got bumped up. I do own a Kelly and would want another...after I have a birkin on my arm. (well, you never know if a Kelly catches my eye, but that is my plan for now)

Oh La Van, the Kelly looks splendid on you.. ;)

I have a lil story about Kellys too. At first, I thought, oh these bags are so not for me. I mean, dont get me wrong at all, they are GORGEOUS bags, and I like the shape and such, but I felt like these bags look too grown up for me (I'm 27, single, no kids, 5"1, 45 kilos, but look like a 17 yr old just graduated HS). I thought, I would look geeky with a Kelly.. and so, I pushed the thought of owning a Kelly to the back of my mind.

And then I found my birkins, first a bj, and then a thalassa blue box. Both are 30 cms. And so, Kellys were obviously the last thing on my mind at that time. Then, during my recent trip overseas I was set to finding another birkin by pure luck, in which I didnt find any:shame: BUT, when I went to Hermes London and saw the fuchsia kelly on the shelves, I just felt so drawn to it, I dunno why, must be the vibrant color. And then I asked the SA, who was very nice, to looked at it and posed in front of a mirror and it just looked right, and it felt right also! And the more I look at my kelly, the more I love it, so strange..

I think I agree with someone who said Kellys are better in the bright colors, I def agree with that. Just give a more young feeling to the classic shape IMO. I wear my Kelly with jeans and high heels and I feel marvelous :love:

Greentea, you are so right.. let the birkin finds you, stop stressing on finding a birkin. Trust me, when it is meant to be yours, it will find its way to you. Has happened to me lotsa times with my bags..

I always thought before, Hermes bags = birkins only. I was wrong, right now, I am even contemplating on trying on the other styles of bags Hermes make, like the bolide for example.. I saw a black clemence bolide the other day and it looked so pretty!

All I know is that once bitten by the Hermes bug, it's a one way ticket.. It's not funny:P You want more and more and more.. there's no turning back.. my LVs are now having a much needed holiday at the back of my closet, while my Hermes bags are now being pampered and shown to the world, LOL.. I think my LVs are a bit jealous, coz before, they were my center of the universe.. My other handbags, well, it's been a while since I wear any of them..

*Sarah*

I fell in love with the Kelly when I was about 18... then a couple of years later I was on my Honeymoon in Montecarlo and walked into Hermès and saw some Kellys and I said to myself "I don't know when, but I'm going to have one". Ten years and 4 children later I got my FIRST Kelly. It's the courchevel gold in the pics I posted in the "Thalassa Blue" thread, I think. A few years later I got a black box K. Then I moved on to the Birkin, I find it more functional: I find it easier to get into and I prefer bigger bags.

But my first LOVE will always be the Kelly...:biggrin:

Well as I said on some other posts, I just bought my first Kelly two weeks ago for my birthday and I absolutely love it. I wanted the Kelly first because I think it is such an elegant bag and more understated than the Birkin. I will say however, that it IS easier I think to at least get on a list for a Birkin once you have purchased a Kelly. The Hermes people then seem to consider you as being a serious purchaser and they will be more inclined to help you get a Birkin.

sarahcantiik said:
All I know is that once bitten by the Hermes bug, it's a one way ticket.. my LVs are now having a much needed holiday at the back of my closet, while my Hermes bags are now being pampered and shown to the world, LOL.. I think my LVs are a bit jealous, coz before, they were my center of the universe.. My other handbags, well, it's been a while since I wear any of them..
*Sarah*

So true. I used to be a LV fan, and now they are also getting a serious vacation since I got my Kelly. Hermes has kind of stolen my heart away from LV AND Chanel.

nathansgirl1908 said:
So true. I used to be a LV fan, and now they are also getting a serious vacation since I got my Kelly. Hermes has kind of stolen my heart away from LV AND Chanel.

The same for me ... I've sold all my 7 Balenciaga bags and a couple of my LVs. I am now seriously loyal to Hermes.

I have 2 Kellys (20cm & 28cm)...love 'em both! It's easy to wear casually or formally plus it has a shoulder strap on busy days... Too bad my Mini Kelly didn't come with the strap when I purchased it but I love it anyway. I can't wait for a Birkin :nuts: ...

shoes319 said:
I have 2 kellys and a birkin -- the bug has bitten me hard! The worst part is I'm not done....

:love: Ya know, I purchased my first birkin sometimes before the end of 2005.. it's now April and I end up with 2 birkins (1 is actually in the process of being sold) and a kelly.. How bad is that! :wondering I have a feeling, I will sell my old handbags more and more to fund for more Hermes.. As we speak, I am raiding my closet and thinking, hmmm.. what more can I sell.. LOL..

*Sarah*

sarahcantiik said:
:love: Ya know, I purchased my first birkin sometimes before the end of 2005.. it's now April and I end up with 2 birkins (1 is actually in the process of being sold) and a kelly.. How bad is that! :wondering I have a feeling, I will sell my old handbags more and more to fund for more Hermes.. As we speak, I am raiding my closet and thinking, hmmm.. what more can I sell.. LOL..

*Sarah*

It's a serious addiction ... and for me it doesn't help that the Hermes shop is 5-minutes walking from my flat. Also, the SAs and store manager are real darlings! I can't help myself. I live there now :lol: :lol: :lol: That's what they also told me that the store is my new house. I always get my free drinks too and they are very helpful in explaining to me stuff.