Kelly en Caleche Scarf Framed --- Many Pics

Oct 12, 2006
Well, it's been a month now since I took my Kelly en Calèche scarf in to be framed. It finally was hung today. The framer came out to my office and hung it for me. Basically I'm very happy with it. I'm a perfectionist and it's not perfect. There are a couple wrinkles at the edges and it is not perfectly squared up on the mat.

In some ways I like that it isn't perfect because it is more like a scarf just laying on a mat. Well, at least I'm trying to convince myself of that!! :P The framer has achieved the distinction of "Master Framer" and has won many awards. I have to assume this is the best she could do. I imagine it was particularly difficult because this was one of H's "Vintage" scarves and it is so very soft.

The way it was done was she hand stitched the scarf to the mat. The stitches are not at all visible. The frame is gilded in a pink/gold finish and there is a small inner frame in dark brown. I really love the frame. I "sprung" for the museum glass so there is no glare at all and it'll help prevent fading.

Soooo, without further ado, here are the pics!

This is taken from where I sit at my desk so it's my view all day!
KellyCaleche1.jpg

View from another angle.
KellyCaleche2.jpg

Detail of the frame.
KellyCaleche4.jpg

Another detail of the frame.
KellyCaleche10.jpg

KellyCaleche9.jpg

KellyCaleche8.jpg

It looks stunning framed Kallie Girl. The frame looks perfect with it. I guess because of the movement of the silk, it must be incredibly hard to get it perfect, but it looks fantastic.
Congrats

Wow that looks amazing! I want to get that scarf someday too! although I will probably wear it before I get it framed! hehe

What a beautiful job the framer did, and it looks amazing hanging on your wall!!!