kelly bag owners

1. Hi! Got my fist kelly on sat in paris. Evergrain in ebene, stitch in, silver hardware in 32. Does anyone know how evergrain ages? Also, I hope it keeps shape but am wondering since mine is stitch in if it will collapse too much as it ages. Thanks! I love it!

2. Mine is a Togo Kelly, just 1 year old, also stitch in. I think softer leather will collapse more easily, mine has the tendency to collapse as I did not take care of the bag very well. I think after using it, we should put lots of paper or bubble wrap inside it to secure the shape, so that it will not turn to bad shape as time goes by.

3. I have a 30cm ebene evergraine Birkin. It's a beautiful leather, soft to the touch but firm. I've had it since January 2007 and so far there's no sign of aging, if you mean flopping and all that. It scratches but the scratches rub off easily.

Congratulations on your new Kelly!! Evergraine is a wonderful leather to have it in.

4. Hi diamond and kelly! Thanks! Diamond, they filled out all my tax refund and were so helpful! Thank you. Did you carry it opened is that why it lost shape faster? And did you carry it every day?

Kelly, sounds great about evergrain! I love it and it is so soft and beautiful. Do you carry it as an everyday bag or just bring out for occassions?

Thanks!!!!!

5. Hi diamond and kelly! Thanks! Diamond, they filled out all my tax refund and were so helpful! Thank you. Did you carry it opened is that why it lost shape faster? And did you carry it every day?

Kelly, sounds great about evergrain! I love it and it is so soft and beautiful. Do you carry it as an everyday bag or just bring out for occassions?

Thanks!!!!!

6. Congratulations!!!

When you have time, please post us pictures and show us your beauty.

7. Hi Lucky - congrats on your new kelly. Ebene is a wonderful color. I have an ebene kelly also and use it all the time. I have a birkin in evergrain and it is a favorite. The leather does not slouch as much as others , and it feels like silk. Scratches rub off, too. Sort of like box, but with a slight grain. Very elegant leather.
    An SA told me that the surest way to ruin a bag is to overstuff it when using. The recommended way to store a bag when not in use is to lay it on its side. Even when i'm using a purse, when I come home i lay it on its side on something clean, until i go out again.
    Congrats on your new baby kelly.

8. CONGRATULATIONS! Can't wait to see pictures of your ebene evergrain Kelly!

9. Wooooooooow I have GOT to see pictures I just know it's fabulous and beautiful. A french gal, too!

I have a 35cm Ebene Evergrain Birkin and she has not slouched yet. And I carry her almost every way there is! I've found that keeping the straps fastened does seem to help.

Congratulations!! :yahoo:

10. Congratulations! Please post pictures here, would love to see your Kelly! Here is mine:

I have my bag closed most of the times, but have the 2 flaps (don't know how it is called) leave opened. Maybe I should also lay it flat when I store in my cabinet.

kelly2.jpg
  11. thanx for this advice-I never thought to store my bags on their sides but I am on my way into my closet ! Congrats-Lucky on ur new bag!!

12. ^^ Yes, all my bags get their beauty rest. They sleep in their boxes the way they arrived from the store.

13. I usually stuff mine with a small down travel pillow and store them inside my armoire. I used to leave them inside their sleepers but not any more.....I love to open my armoire and see my bags in front of me!!!!!

14. Congrats on your new Kelly! Can't wait to see pics!!!
    Enjoy~~

15. Me too, so easy to get in and out of, and nothing spills out like my open top birkin. Adds a casual look to the kelly when yu want that.
    Your poitron [?] kelly is gorgeous.