Kelly Bag...Leave it opened or closed?

1. I have the HAC bag and I leave the flap in the back and the straps unhooked just like the Birkins. So .......

1. What does one do with the Kelly Bag? Leave opened w/flaps flapping or closed?

2. Does anyone have different pictures of what to do?

3. Was there a thread for this?

4. Where do you put the lock? What do you do with the straps?

Thanks for any input!:smile:

2. 1. What does one do with the Kelly Bag? Leave opened w/flaps flapping or closed? Both. it depends, if I'm out shopping and dipping into it a lot, I leave it just with the turnlock holding it closed (unless I have it loaded up, in whioch case I always close it with the straps - scared of damaging the turnlock)....if I'm out and not needing to access the bag too often, I close it properly.

2. Does anyone have different pictures of what to do? Will post some later if I get the chance to take pics!

3. Was there a thread for this? Dunno?

4. Where do you put the lock? What do you do with the straps? I have the lock on the left-hand side handle loop (left hand side looking at the bag) and the clochette on the right side loop/s. Being box leather, if I put the lock on the clochette like some do on the Birkins, the lock would tend to scratch the boxcalf. :flowers:

3. Thanks GF - So VERY Helpful ALL the TIME!! :heart:

Hope when you have time for the pics...you can post.

I've seen the flap put in the back of these purses, too. I've seen this done at the store to be able to show the stamp, but it looked kinda funny b/c it looked like things were going to spill out. Would you do something like this??

The lock not on the clouchette (sp??) makes sense for being box, but does the lock scratch the hardware on the handle?

Is the Kelly bag EASIER or HARDER to get into than the Birkin when the straps are hooked up to the turnkey knob?

Thanks, I'm a visual person, and not an EAR person (hearing and listening is not one of my better trademarks as mentioned by hubby :wtf: , especially when bags are the subjuct...I WANT, and don't listen to reason!:shrugs: )

4. I've seen the flap put in the back of these purses, too. I've seen this done at the store to be able to show the stamp, but it looked kinda funny b/c it looked like things were going to spill out. Would you do something like this?? OK, Mine is Sellier, so I would seriously have to man-handle the flap to tuck it in.....I would maybe do it to a retourne, but not my sellier..

The lock not on the clouchette (sp??) makes sense for being box, but does the lock scratch the hardware on the handle? Nope...No scartches yet.....only on the plates (bummer....I jabbed my bloody car keys into one of them.....but SA said the scratches can one day be polished out...

Is the Kelly bag EASIER or HARDER to get into than the Birkin when the straps are hooked up to the turnkey knob? Don't owm a Birkin (yet), but I have tried many at the store....I would say a Kelly is harder, except the Birkin has the straps inthe little keepers, which may make it trickier, and a NEW Birkin can be REALLY stiff...even my SA has trouble putting them all back together - with the white gloves on - when I'm doene playing!

5. ^^k, with the birkin, the trend in ny anyway is to always have the flap tucked in the bag, so those 2 little keepers don't seem to a pose a problem for most birkineers.
    would LOVE to see different pics of your kelly though.

6. I am just a wondering...are there really any "rules" or "proper ways" to keep your Kelly? Off the top of my head I am not even sure how I keep mine. I just wonder if there is a "right" way?

7. :lol: Kellybag, there is no right way. We all think putting the straps in place is the right way, but is the right way, really the right way, or what we think is the right way realy not the right way? :sneaky:

8. i think it's personal preference. when i'm out shopping, i want the kelly's 2 side "belts" untucked and the flap still hooked. but when i'm at church or cocktail parties, i close my kelly totally. birkins always open.

but there are no rules!

9. I think I am in the minority, but I like my Kellys belted and locked with a charm in the middle (on the turn lock).

10. That is exactly how I wore my Kelly (when I had it). Because the handle is attached to the top flap, I can't imagine leaving it open as it tilts forward when you do it--both when carrying it with the shoulder strap and on the wrist. I think the straps are definitely easier/faster to work with on the Kelly than the Birkin when you close the bag (you have essentially three little flaps to deal with on the Birkin), but when I was in a pinch I'd just pull the flap over on the Kelly and use the turnlock without doing the straps. My lock was still attached to the clochette; my bag was Chevre de Coromandel so there was no danger as to scratching with the lock--the lock's edges are pretty smooth and rounded anyways.

11. orchids, what happened to the kelly?? you didn't like it?? we need to get you one!!:yahoo:

12. :roflmfao: :roflmfao: :roflmfao:
    This reminds me of the guy in Groundhog Day.......
    "Am I right, or am I right or am I right?"

13. It has gone onto a better home to another lovely member of TPF who will get more use out of it than I did--I really think I am more of a Birkin girl than a Kelly girl, tho' I do have a Kelly on order for next year--basic black--for those rare date nights DH and I have. :smile: