Keeping vachette clean

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. So I was considering buying apple garde today, I have never used it before. I used nothing on my other bags and my speedy in particular now has very dirty handles. I cleaned them up a bit but its still not great. So I was wondering should I try apple garde on my new bag? Does it just repel water or does it keep off dirt and oil from you hands also? I searched for leather care issues but haven't really found an answer yet. Please help :smile:

2. I've been reading up on Balenciaga forum.. it seems like its quite useful.. But i only recently ordered some products from lovinmybag its not here yet.. i can keep u posted.. They have a product that prevents darkening of handles..

3. What's the product called that prevents darkening of the handles?

4. Apple Garde is not the product you want. It is not a cleaner, it is a rain protectant. The Apple product that is good and safe to use is called Apple Care, and its label says it is a conditioner. Apple also makes a "Cleaner," but it is too harsh for vachetta and is not advisable.
    I learned about these products a million years ago from Carol when she was at My Poupette. She had an LV care page, and she would recommend first applying the Apple Care conditioner and then the spray (Garde). However, a lot of people have trouble with the Garde and don't like it.

Apple Care for the light cleaning and conditioning. :tup:

5. I use appleguard conditioner on the vachetta first and then I spray it with appleguard in the can. It does help protect the handles. I've never had any problems and I've done this on all my LV's. I also use Mr. Clean sponge to clean my handles and then I condition.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.