Keep a bag if you LOVE the style, but don't love/need the color?

1. So you may have read my other thread about NM sending me the BROWN Celine Bittersweet twice when I was promised the elusive, but then in stock gunmetal. I just tried a third time (I know) and they sent the brown again..arrgh. Anyway- the point here isn't to complain (they actually were finally very nice), because I can return or sell the bag. The problem is that I love :heart:the style, and it's a great deal (adore bargins...the only way I have a nice collection :smile: but I already have two other brown bags that I like and nothing in grey/gunmetal...
    But I know I won't ever see the gunmetal (or any other Bittersweet) for this price, so should I just keep my brown Bittersweet, since I love the style and find a different grey bag? So confused- opinions, please:confused1:
    Thanks!!!
    PS. Any one else with these NM sale bags- I know they are an older version...but does yours not have an inside zipper pocket either?

2. I would say 'no' to this. I am just about to try and sell a gorgeous bag in a style I adore because the colour just doesn't work for me. I was exactly in your position and was persuaded to keep the bag because it is a neutral shade (brown too actually!) and I so love the style/brand. But . . . I have barely used it and it really doesn't do anything other than remind me it wasn't my first choice. Sorry to be negative, but I wish I'd thought about this more before buying the 'right style/wrong colour' bag!

3. What? Are we twins??? And we're both in L.A.! How funny! You're not silly - I would return the Bittersweet. There are other gunmetal bags out there (somewhere - they're HARD to find!!)....don't keep what you don't use!!! :wlae:

4. I am going through something similar, only with two red bags. They're both MJ, but they're both very different.. but do I really need 2 red bags?

It's such a hard decision. I guess if you can use the money for something else you want.. then get rid of it.

5. Hmm...I went through the same thing a while ago. I bought a giant MbyMJ Betty tote (I think?) at a mega Bloomie's sale. At first I wasn't sure because it was a cream color and I really needed a black bag, but it was the last one, for a steal, etc. etc. Anyway, I ended up using that bag almost every day because I grew to love it so much. Plus, now white bags are in, it goes with anything, and I haven't seen that bag anywhere else since, so I'm glad I got it.

I think it all depends on how much you think you'll use it.

6. Never keep it unless you are absolutely in love with it!

The way I see it is, if I want to kick my hubby out of bed that night and set my new bag on his side of the bed just so I can be next to it, that's a keeper. LOL

:roflmfao:

7. :yahoo::roflmfao::roflmfao::roflmfao: you are so funny!!

8. Thank you all for not only your opinions, but personal experiences! It makes me feel so much better to know I'm not the only one with this- or a similar- dilemma . The great advice here has really made me think twice since I was leaning toward keeping it. I do need that money to go toward a bag in the grey color I am obsessing over, and would hate to have the brown just sit in my closet! Still undecided (can I let it go?!), but truly appreciate the help:love: