Kate Spade....any fans out there?

I actually really like the "made for outlet" line -- i love the wellesley line, and most of the stuff from that line is MFF.

I gotta agree with Morisa; the Wellesley link is one of the finest bags made by anyone. They are top quality and will indeed last forever.

Frankly, I like all of the lines in the outlets. I bought a couple bags there this summer and really like them. The Carmel Valley line sold out like hotcakes and is very well made.

Just about every designer makes likes specifically for their outlets. It's not about overstocks and seconds; it's about getting the brand in front of a wider audience. And if they happen to be on sale from time to time, that's great. My favorite day is when the Wellesleys go 40% off. YEAH!!

imwasmin KSmtoday and talking with the SAmfound outmthatmKS is owned by and designed by Liz Clairbourne!!!! I was so disappointed. now that I know that "Kate" isn't designing the bags I may not buy them anymore.

what I meant to say....
I went to KS today and was talking to the SA. I found out that KS is owned by Liz Clairbourne. I was so disappointed. now that I know that "Kate" isn't designing the bags

also, next time I'll proofread!

That happened in 2005 when she sold the company to Neiman-Marcus group. Deborah Lloyd is now the creative director. You think Mr. Gucci and Mr. Dior are still designing?? No...the brand lives on after the company is sold or the originators of the brand pass on.

Just bought my first KS bag today . It's a Brooklyn Heights Stevie in black. It looks to be of good quality leather and well made. Very classic looking bag. The best part...it was marked down to a little less than half price (retail-$398). Wish they would have had it in the beautiful Bluebelle color though. Oh well, it seems to be a very nice bag.

I guess I'm a little naive. a KS store opened in our mall. I was joking with the SA about the bags when she broke the news that KS is not the boss.
is it true her husband has started to design wallets?