Just Received a White GGH Hobo, from....

1. a wonderful fellow purse forum eBay Seller, but I have a question, as I am not too familiar with the colors. I looked through the Balenciaga Library, and still have this question...

In the eBay ad, the color was indicated as White, and the pictures looked White. WhenI received the bag today, it was most definitely an Ivory color. I am curious, as I recently purchased an Ivory day from Diabro.net, and they are both the same color. I really did need a white bag, not 2 Ivory bags.

Was there ever a true White in 2007? Was Ivory the closest color to White in the Balenciaga color charts in 2007? I recall seeing a true White color in past seasons, but now I am not sure.....

Thanks for any assistance you can give!

2. There was a "true" white for s/s 07 and an ivory for f/w 07. I put "true" in quotations because I also purchased the s/s 07 white giant hobo and returned it because it was not white enough - I was looking for a bright white bag and I felt the white on the bag I received was sort of dingy and more ivory looking. I would check the paper tag, though, to confirm whether or not the bag that you purchased was from spring or fall 07. If there is 2007 with a 1 following, it's from spring. If there is 2007 with a 3 following, it's from fall.

3. The most "true white" I can remember in recent years is Spring/Summer 2006 which was a bright clear white. Most of the Balenciaga "whites" are off-white in color with either a grey or yellow base. The '07 Ivory color is much more French Vanilla ice cream color than the usual whites. When you have both bags in your possession you'll be able to tell if they are too similar for your tastes.