just put myself on the waitinglist for Birkin

Awesome!!! You have no idea how many times I've actually DREAMT of walking right into the store and getting a yes as an answer! You are living proof dreams do come true :P

Well done Bingdan - I was in Shanghai store in December and the staff there were lovely. Playing with my DD while I had a try on of this and that. Walked out feeling great and with a small few orange boxes.

(much nicer there than H Peninsula Beijing!!)

Congratulations.

Hi, thanks you all again.
You just reminded me to check the price thread here, Yes, it should be like 8000 dollar in US? hehe I don't know, I dno't think the Hermes SA would be nice enoug to make international calls if I do put my name on the waitinglist. But, who knows, maybe when I come to NYC next time, I would try to walk in that store and ask them, but I guess that boutique shall be one of the boutiques that have the longest waitinglist in the world? :P
As to the Beijing boutique, my SA mentioned to me that, they have the most expensive birkin there, is it actually in the Peninsula? I am not sure, But I heard they have diamond on the hardware, and supposed to be 1 million yuan, when i heard that, i just can't close my mouth and said something stupid, "wow, if someon carried that one, and she is definitely carry a small apartment in Shanghai on her hands":shame:

Congratulations and all the best to you in such a worthwhile search! I'll bet if you watch carefully, you might manage one for your mom's 55th birthday!

Such a lovely daughter!

I think it makes it even more special that you'll get to see your mom carry your first birkin purchase...

years later you'll be lucky to carry a timeless bag with such fond memories....:graucho: