Just picked up a pair of FitFlops

?

Which color?

1. Black sole - black and white strap

2. Silver sole - blue and silver strap

3. White sole - red and white strap

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. I made a late night run to Macy's last night to spend a few gift cards and ended up picking out a pair of FitFlops. I need to shed a few pounds before the warm weather hits and I desperately need to tone up my legs again. DH couldn't understand why a pair of flip flops cost so much. :upsidedown: I am pretty excited to start wearing them while out walking my fur babies. Has anyone used these with noticable success?

http://www.thefitflop.com/

I also wasn't sure about the color. I ended up with black ones but am considering returning them for a different pair. Which pair do you feel looks the best?

Thanks all! :flowers:

ETA: This is the black pair I ended up with.
    [​IMG]

Blue: This may be difficult to see in the pic but the sole is a bright silver not white.
    [​IMG]

Red:
    [​IMG]

walkstarblack.jpg walkstarblue.jpg walkstarred.jpg
  2. I have never heard of them, do they actually work & are they worth the money? I like the blue or reds one but the black goes with everything so I guess it depends on your wardrobe.

3. Just the small amount of time I was wearing them around the house I could already feel my thigh muscles getting some work. I am really hoping that they do the trick because I try to get a walk in everyday depending on the weather and hopefully these will enhance my efforts.

I loved the look of the blue/silver ones but when I pointed them out to DH he said "That's a little too bright for me but get what you want." Which is DH speak for I hate them. :lol: Hopefully these work so well that I will end up collecting all the colors. I would love for them to come out with a hiking shoe as well. Oh the possibilities!

4. Ok..I totally want to go to bath and body works and get a pair now! lol

5. I saw them on the Bath website and was wondering about them... definately let us know how they work!

6. You should then we can compare our progress!

I think you should pick up a pair!

I am really excited to start using them. It just needs to stop raining long enough for me to be able to go for a walk. :cursing:

7. I like the black ones best, good choice.

I've heard these are very popular but have yet to hear any real-life accounts on their effectiveness, so please report back!

8. I have a pair of the black ones and although they are pretty comfy I can't say there was any noticable difference in the look of my thighs. And believe me-- I looked!

9. thanks for sharing jello!

i've been meaning to pick up a pair because I want to work on toning my legs but if there's no effect then I'll stick to my comfy little Rainbows.

Lisa, do update us from time to time!

10. Are these available at Bath and Body Works stores, or just online? I am intrigued as well. They sound like MBT shoes-- has anyone tried them?

11. I will definitely keep checking back in to let you know.

:sad: How often did you wear them?

Will do!

I have never seen them inside Bath and Body but Macy's has a large display of them. I was looking at MBTs online. They look so strange! But if they work as well as people say then I may pick up a pair for walking around my neighborhood in. There website had a list of shops where they can be found.

I went shopping last night and wore my FitFlops. The only thing I noticed was a slight pain in the arch of my left foot. I am used to wearing plain old Cathy Jean flipfops while out and about so it was probably just my foot trying to adjust to the new soles. I must say the cushioning on the bottom is fantastic and really paid off after walking around on those hard surface floors. Since it is finally casual Friday at work I decided to wear them out again. I don't do much walking since I have an office job but I will definitely report back to let you know how it goes.

On a side note: Although the FitFlops look a little strange in appearance compared to my normal flips - once I put on a pair of pants/jeans and the tops are covered they look like normal thick soled flips.

12. I think they are cute - Gonna get myself a pair! I need all the help I can get in toning my legs.

13. Plus they are comfortable too! :tup: Once you start wearing them be sure to update us with your experience.

14. When I first got them I wore them quite a bit-- walking the dog, shopping. And although you can feel "something" after a while it does wear off. It's probably because your muscles get used to it and you'd need to bump up the work out.

I am not out of shape but definitely not Sports Illustrated Swimsuit material either so I wouldn't say it was because I didn't need them.

15. That fits right in with what they say on the website.

"FitFlops make it easier to stay in shape. Just throw them on while you're running errands, walking to work, or working around your house. Most first-time FitFlop wearers report feeling their muscles working more, while 'fitter' wearers feedback has been more toward great comfort and cushion. One woman reported feeling like she'd had a 'bum-blasting' workout after a half an hour of FitFlop-shod walking."

Thanks for the feedback jello! Did you stop wearing them? Did you see a difference in the appearance of your legs after using them?