Just how hard is it to take care of suede for everyday use?

1. Girls who love and use their suede purses, how hard is it to take care of the material?

I bought the wristlet, and then returned it.. but I cant get it out of my mind and would love to use it for when I walk my dog.. but suede... outside? Crazy right?:push:

2. When I do a search, I find ways to get rid of a stain, but how to care for everyday use?

3. I have 2 suede Coach bags. Mine are darK brown so I think they are easier to keep in good condition. I'd stay away from light colored suede as it gets dirty faster. I am pretty careful with my bags and they are still in great condition (they're about five years old).:flowers:

4. Just make sure you don't get them wet. I guess you could spray with suede protectant but I never have. I just don't take mine out in the rain. :flowers:

5. The one I want is the bordeaux, the dark wine-ish red?

chochetbella: can't take it out in the rain? oh darn I'm going to have to buy another wristlet then for rainy days..:graucho:

6. I've sprayed all of my suede with Shining Monkey since I've gotten it, and it's greatly reduced the dirt that gets on it! Also, a dark color is hard to stain anyways. I say go for it! :graucho:

7. Darn you have to buy two! :lol: I love the bordeaux color! I'd love to get one of those too! :flowers:

8. I bought the Coach Spring 2004 Limited Edition Poppy Tote and matching wristlet. The leather and the monogram part of the purse are fine, but the suede part, it's awful. I sprayed it with suede protection, but it got dirty no matter how careful I was. I took it to a professional cleaner and it was never the same again. I don't think I would ever buy a suede purse again. I loved that purse, it was beautiful, now it just looked pathetic. :crybaby:

9. It gets a bit dirtier than any other fabric IMO (except for silk, I baby the silk bags). But it's not hard to clean at all. Just make sure it's not rubbing against anything a lot (especially dark colored clothing) and watch where you place your bag (what surfaces).

10. ^^Thanks kathy, thats great advice!

11. i scubbed my suede bag with a damp cloth and it looks ok, not fully clean but ok. its not full suede the patchwork. mine gets wet all the time btw and it still looks ok.