Just had the strangest request, I think...

i would just write back politely that if they can prove it is NOT authentic (LV shop), then you would offer a refund.

silliness, really! It's like 'let me eat half of that sandwich, and then i'll decide if i want to pay for it or not..'

now, don't hate on me I have never used this service before but what the buyer was asking really is not crazy. Ebay got a ton of quetions like that, so that is why they set up the below service. Read below.

www.escrow.com. An escrow service is a licensed and regulated company that collects, holds, and sends a buyer's money to a seller according to instructions agreed on by both the buyer and seller. Typically, once the buyer receives and approves the item from the seller within an agreed time frame, the escrow service then sends the payment to the seller.
Escrow is available for any purchase, but typically is used for purchases of $500 or more.

It was a message sent thru my Ebay listing. I have no idea where this person lives....I don't know that I would meet up with someone...I guess I really don't want to sell it that bad (ha!ha!) I sent back a nice note saying I wouldn't send it w/o payment and that this forum has an "authenticate" board and she/he was free to submit it!
WOW!
:wtf:you definetly did the right thing. its crazy what some people will ask on ebay.

I think ebay or paypal does offer something that allows this. I think its called escrow?? not sure but on higher priced items, buyers/sellers can request this service for an additional fee. Buyer does pay but the money gets held in a account. I think buyer has a couple of days to get the bag authenticated, if you they don't do it within the allotted time frame then the money releases to you. Never used this service but it does exist.

Yes you can do this and there is a fee attached, but sounds more like this so called buyer is thinking about a scam more then anything. Because with escrow they have to send the money there and you send the bag t as well, then the escrow service send the bag on, if the buyer is happy then notify escrow and they then forward the money to you the seller.