Just got Ibank interview!

1. Phew...I'm so ecstatic right now...I'm a sophomore and I got two interviews at two top ibanks for a summer internship in sales and trading! Can anyone give me tips as to how to prepare and not be a nervous reck on the day of the interview?

2. I found when I was preparing for an interview I would research the Company getting as much info as I could about them, it helped if I was asked a question that I wasn't expecting and it also showed that I was interested (as I had taken the time do do the research). I made sure that I had my resume, application and any supporting docs ready and up to date in a folder that I could leave with the interviewer (there is nothing worse than turning up without the docs - very embarrassing indeed :shame:smile:.

The only thing I did to calm my nerves was to practice my interview style and responses (a bit hard when you don't know the exact questions) but I found that it helped me to not become tongue tied.
  3. Congrats! I know how you feel. I've learned not to obsess about the interview because otherwise I just get too anxious. I interviewed once with a panel of 11 people! I just pretended I was in another staff meeting except that I did all the talking. Just make sure you can provide concrete examples of duties/responsibilities you included in your resume, application form, or cover letter. In the interview I mentioned I unknowingly answered two or three other questions that the other people had for me so it made the interview go faster. By the time we got to the last person she didn't have anything more to ask me!

Good luck!
  4. Congratulations! Out of curiousity.. what school do you attend? You must be a superstar if you're landing interviews as a sophomore!

Some tips..
    - Make sure you know your resume in and out, be able to bring in examples of things you did at your jobs/internships
    - Research your company!!
    - Study brainteasers
    - Definitely do a mock interview with someone who's had experience interviewing (esp if he/she interviewed with S&T)
    - Prepare answers to common questions (Tell me about yourself.. 3 strengths/weaknesses etc)

Good luck!
  5. Thanks for the good tips everyone...keep the coming...

Actually I found out that I just got an interview for another ibank.

Awong10, I'm not a superstar ... i was very surprised that I got all these interviews! I'm going to prepare well and do my best!
  6. Congrats and GOOD LUCK!!! :biggrin: Let us know how it goes!
  7. Just a quick update, I've been very fortunate to be granted 5 interviews all at the top ibanks. Actually, I'm speechless right now and don't know what to say as I don't think that I deserve it. It's extremely surreal right now because I'm only a sophomore.

I just had a mock up interview today so I know what to look for/study for.

I will prepare to the best of my ability and hope that I will actually succeed in landing one.

Thanks everyone for the support!