Just got a Birkin!

1. Hi everyone! I've been prowling the Hermes board for sometime, but haven't posted in it...just reading and getting information...

Well, my husband and I are in Pasadena for the weekend and being my first time in the LA area, we went to Rodeo Drive this morning and went to Hermes--for scarves. And there was a JPG Etoupe w/ Pall hardware in the display case. That is the one I've wanted since I saw pictures of Victoria Beckham with one. I got pretty excited about it and a SA was like "Would you like to see anything?" And I was like no...just looking..and we walked around and then upstairs and discussed it and then went back down and my husband was like "just look at it"--I have no idea what got into him. So, we're staring at the bag and the SA asks if we are still doing fine and we are like yes. And we continue looking and finally I get control of myself (and I think the fact another girl walked in and started eyeing it from behind me helped) and I asked to see it and I was done.

The SA was Betty and she was really nice. From what I've read on here, I thought they would be hesitant to just start pulling out bags for people...but it wasn't like that. So for anyone looking for a Birkin I would definitely say just go into stores in the morning and see if you get lucky.

No pictures...we got back to the hotel and I said we should have taken a picture of me with the bag in the store with the SA but I wasn't thinking properly. We are having them ship it back home. I would have loved to have walked straight out with it, but it saved about $700 in sales tax that way. She said they will send it Monday and it should be there Tuesday. Can't wait!

I can't be much help as to other stock in the store. There were lots of Bolides in different sizes and a black Bombay and tons of GPs. I heard the girl who came in behind me ask if there were Birkins and an SA said they only had the JPG that I was holding. But who knows. We didn't bother asking since I was holding the one I wanted. :heart:

I know I don't post in Hermes but I needed to share with people who would understand. I kept telling my husband that I needed to share my luck but I couldn't think of anyone who would understand the whole Hermes thing but I know you girls will! Thanks!
  2. :party: WOW! Congratulations! Can't wait to see pics!
  3. What an inspiring story! So glad you were at the right place at the right time! Can't wait to see pics of you modeling your "surprise" present!:smile:
  4. Congrats! It was kismet. That birkin was obviosly meant for you!
  5. Congrats:yahoo:Can't wait to see pics:nuts:
  6. Oh, what a great story!! How exciting and wonderful!!!

Congratulations on your bag and I can't wait to see pics. Enjoy in good health!!!
  7. what an exciting story! congratulations!!!
  8. Congrats! Can't wait to see photos!
  9. How exciting! That is a gorgeous bag, and etoupe is such a great color!
  10. Congrats! I like hearing those stories about walking in to find one on display.

If you don't mind me asking, where did you have your H shipped to? I just posted a question about getting a tax break too! Why pay the tax if you can avoid it right? That $ you saved could go towards a Karo GM or several scarves!!!:tender:
  11. What a lovely story - can we see pictures??
  12. Congrats! Sounds like you had a great trip out to LA!
  13. Congrats on your purchase!
  14. Wonderful luck for you!! Congratulations on scoring such a rare bag!!
  15. Congrats SIA!
    Can't wait to see the modeling pictures!