Just curious- who comes from a family of LVers?

My grandmother was a model and as is expected was exposed to loads of fashion and designer goods. She adored Hermes, Chanel and Gucci and had only a few LVs, they were not her passion. My mom enjoys luxury items but she doesn't shop for them like I do. My father or brother or me will give her presents and she loves them, but she never buys luxury for herself. So in my instance I guess it skipped a generation so to speak! LOL!

My mother shares my love for handbags but isn't as crazy about them as me (ie...she won't spend as much on them as I do). I gave her one of mine and she adores it and hasn't stopped using it though. I think I am definitely passing this trait along to my daughter though!

nah my mom is more into jewelry. i actually introduced her to LV. she got her first one the same day i got my first, only a couple of hours later because my dad said she had been acting weird that day ever since i got mine. lol. he goes "you want one, don't you?!" and she's like, "no i don't!" lol. needless to say we were walking back into LV that day. haha. that was supposed to be my day, and then when my dad bought her a bag that cost $400 more than the one she was originally going to get, i walked out with an extra bag too :smile: hehe, i had to give my dad $400 in cash, but i didn't care. think i was doing that anyway with the first purchase. haha. but nope, i was the first in my family to fall in LoVe.

Not me. I knew nothing of the brand when I was in my teens. In fact, I knew nothing of the brand when I was in my early 20s either!:wacko::lol: Got my first LV as a wedding gift from a very dear family member and returned it the following day (I had no idea what bag it was nor did I have any interest bags back then).

Not me. I knew nothing of the brand when I was in my teens. In fact, I knew nothing of the brand when I was in my early 20s either!:wacko::lol: Got my first LV as a wedding gift from a very dear family member and returned it the following day (I had no idea what bag it was nor did I have any interest bags back then).

Looks like things have changed! Now your collection is TDF!

Yes, my enitre family/relatives are all into designer handbags, jewelry, clothes, nice cars, etc. My mom has handbags from a lot of different designers including LV but her preference is Chanel. DH's family is also into designer stuff including handbags so he learned from his family that women getting purses or jewelry as gifts is part of the norm. ;)

I'm the only family member who carries LV. But last week when I went to the LV Store I saw a lot adresses with my name...may family members I don't know carry LV ( I hope)

My family thinks I'm psychotic that I pay about 800$ for a bag.
My boyfriend is going to buy a LV for work :graucho:
I also saw him when he visited the LV homepage

I live in a very small town in Switzerland and people I don't know are always surprised when I tell them that I wear just authentic Louis Vuitton bags....

In this town there are just two persons who wear authentic bags. The other wear fakes...bad fakes...with the LX and other prints:tdown:

I sold my Mono Speedy 35 just because it's going to be so much copied in this way. Now I wear a Speedy 30 Azur, nobody knows this bag and doesn't know what kind of brand it is...