Just arrived in the Mail......scarf!

Grands Fonds

Alive and Kicking
May 29, 2006
Don't know if any of you remember, but I had a horrible experience trying to purchase this scarf design in this colourway (my all-time favourite!) and didn't get it....well, a lovely Japanese seller came to my rescue, and she has just arrived in the mail (the scarf, not the lovely Japanese seller!:lol: )...........

Rencontre Oceane by Annie Faivre in Green colourway, 2001.

Now I have to find the blue colourway!!!! LOL!!! It never ends!!

I'm a happy girl today......AND I got it cheaper than the one I missed out on!!! Good Times..........:tender:

Attachments

• 100-0003_IMG_2.JPG
    100-0003_IMG_2.JPG
    138.7 KB · Views: 107
  • IMG_8836.jpg
    IMG_8836.jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 109
Drat! And I've got to go get ready to go out to dinner.....I'll have to check back later, K......CONGRATULATIONS! She's a BEAUTY!

^ Ok, well, I flew to Tokyo and bumped into this little Japanese lady who said "you look like you collect Hermes scarves - come with me"......

Just Kidding!

No, as luck would have it, another one appeared on eBay a week after the auction from hell....now I have been seeking this scarf in green since 2002 (when I realised it was no longer available!! - DOH!) and have NEVER seen it on eBAy, despite having an auto-search for 5 years! Can you believe it - two of the same in less than two weeks (see, when I pray REALLY hard, someone listens.......or else the planets are aligned or something - actually I think Jupiter is in Scorpio, I'm having a lucky year for sure!) ......anyway......I made a ridiculously high bid, but only one person bid against me - in total I paid $10 above the starting price!! Whoo hoo......I'm almost as giddy about it as they day I got Black Box Kelly home!!!!

AND it will be a nice pair with my Vert Anis when she arrives!!!!

gracekelly said:
I LOVE that pattern and have been looking for it forever. The colors are so wonderful. Have fun wearing it!

yes, isn't it divine - I actually collect this pattern, and other Annie Faivre designs, but most of my scarves have a 'fish' theme.....LOL, and I'm not even sure how it started!! So now I'm seeking the turquoise blue colourway......and my Holy Grail - black!!!! Fingers Crossed!!!

May I recommend the seller - greenjade927.....she was SO lovely, and has many mint condition Hermes Scarves all the time!!

=Kristie.F

AND it will be a nice pair with my Vert Anis when she arrives!!!!

It will be great! I have a plisse in Tohu Bohu with the same green in the background as your scarf and I wear it with my togo vert anis Birkin. Tohu has lots of great colors also. You would probably like it:flowers:

Fesdu said:
wooo that is BEAUTIFUL!!! Loooove the color and the details! it's amazing!! Congrats Kristie! What a happy day!!

fesdu, can you believe it? this is the sort of thread that could tempt a girl! :graucho:

kristie - that is totally beautiful. i :heart: it.

A year ago I saw Rencontre in black in plisse at Neiman Marcus. I didn't like it because all the pattern disappeared. This is one pattern that looks better in a flat style.

Kristie.F said:
GK - I ADORE Tohu, it's so bright and summery!! (and modern!).

Fesdu - what's in the pipeline, girl?????????C'mon, you can tell us.......

I just bought a Twilly in Bohu with a black ground. It's my first Twilly, I never was that crazy about them until I saw this. It has great colors and will go great with all my colorful bags:girlsigh: