Just a dumb question

1. I don't know if this is the right place for this question, but I live in New Orleans,La and today I called the Saks store to see if they carry Balenciaga bags. The person on the phone told me yes. Now the problem that I am facing is that for one on the Saks website there is nothing that states they sell Balenciaga. So how is it available in the store but not online? When I went in Saks there was not a Balenciaga store. I'm considering getting a B bag for V day so please if any of you can explain this to me.:sos:

2. See http://forum.purseblog.com/balenciaga-shopping/reputable-stores-carrying-balenciaga-145165.html for stores that carry Balenciaga. Not sure why department stores like Saks, Barneys, Neimans, etc, don't sell Balenciagas online, but I know Balenciaga doesn't allow pictures of their bags to be posted online (AR had to take them down)... :shrugs: I don't understand what you mean when you wrote, "When I went into Saks, there was not a Balenciaga store." ?? Balenciaga stores are Balenciaga stores. In department stores, there may be sections: Prada, Marc Jacobs, Balenciaga, etc. You'll find Bbags in the Balenciaga section. There's no "store" within a store. Maybe you're talking about the official Balenciaga stores? In which case, there's only 1: Balenciaga New York. However, Balenciaga is planning to build another store in Los Angeles.

If you take a look at the link above, I'm sure you'll find a store near you that carries Balenciaga and if not, there are always other options, like ordering online, ordering by phone, etc.

3. I guess what I meant is I did'nt anything that said Balenciaga. Like there's the Chanel Boutique you walk in to, and the LV Boutique you walk into etc, but there was a section of purses that had Marc Jacobs, Coach, Chloe etc. Is that where I was supposed to look for Balenciaga in that area?:confused1:

4. Just go into the Sak's store and tell the SA that you would like to see all of the Balenciaga bags. They probably have them in an area of the handbag dept.

5. Maybe.... The Saks in Chicago does NOT sell Balenciaga... the only place I have found in Chicago is Barney's on Oak St.

6. Thank you ladies.

7. AllHail - I don't think it is a dumb question! It is very confusing that the major stores can't have any Balenciaga bags on their websites. Your store probably has a section of bbags. It may not be very big, because the bbag ladies snarf up all the bags that we can! teehee! So just go in there and ask where the #$%^$# bbags are! You can also call any of the stores that are listed in the above link to see what they have in stock. Good luck! Be sure to show pics of what you buy! Or ask for help deciding, we will be glad to help you spend your $$$$!:yes:

8. The Saks at New Orleans does carry BBags, however I was there a year ago. There was no Bal boutique within saks, so you might just ask a sales associate where they are located. I kind of remember them being near the MJ bags.

9. I wish all stores had bbags, so I can try them on before ordering! but at the same time, searching for them is part of the fun!

10. ^^ ITA, let's try to be nicer gals!!! :tup:

p.s. if this was Jim Long's thread, many of you
    would be falling over eachother to help out

11. Hi sweetie, the Saks in New Orleans used to carry Bbags - you know you should pm kittenslingerie - she is on the pf - just use your control panel, and go to messages, and send her a message - I know she shops at the Saks/New Orleans, and she used to be on the Bbag board a lot, but I think Chanel or someone else has seduced her....she will tell you right where they are located in the store. I know what you mean about looking for the Bbag store in a store - all of the Saks have those cute little cubbies where they have the LV, Chanel, etc., and I'm sure you were looking for one of those cubbies/stores. Good luck, and be sure to share with us if you buy something. :yes:

12. Hi - I was in the NOLA Saks about a month ago (Jan 15th or so) and the Saks in NOLA DOES indeed carry B-bags. And a bunch of good ones too!! The SA is Rhoda Glaspy and her # is
    504 524 2200 x 5355 or 5356. I am not too sure how knowledgable she is about B bags in particular (they also carry Prada, Gucci, YSL, Chanel, and LV), but she is very nice. She and I talked about my being from the Miss. Delta where she used to visit her grandparents. If you want to, tell her Maude sent you!!!

13. Too funny (sofa king funny) AAAllabama!!!!!!!:yahoo:

14. Bal bags are located right outside the Gucci boutique within Saks NO. They are on both sides of one big shelf.