Juno

Saw it last night.

I loved it!

I was afraid it was just going to be another Napoleon Dynamite . . . where some catch phrases are funny but to sit through an entire movie of it is annoying . . . but it wasn't like that at all.

Vanessa: Your parents are probably wondering where you are.
Juno: Nah... I mean, I'm already pregnant, so what other kind of shenanigans could I get into?

Mac: Did you see that coming?
Bren: Yeah... but I was hoping she was expelled, or into hard drugs.
Mac: Or DWI... anything but this.

Rollo: You better pay for that pee-stick when you're done with it. Don't think it's yours just because you marked it with your urine!

Mac: Next time I see that kid, I'm gonna punch him in the wiener!

I'm confused, the tv ads say that it is now playing nationwide but its not in any theaters near me... I live in the "country" but I'm not that far out in the sticks! I guess I'll wait till DVD :sad:

Maybe I am dating myself and/or it is generational but I think it was extremely overrated and a bit of a Napoleon/Gilmore Girls rip off. Not to mention, as a parent of teenagers, I though it trivialized and made light of teenage pregnancy and put it in a "cool" light. My guess is that most of you are significantly younger than me. My 16 year old liked it too but I just found the main character smug and the whole premise kind of offensive. No attacks please...this is about opinions, right???

I went to watch it with my DBF (yeah it was just a tad awkward) but we both loved it. The ending was really sweet.
As a teenager, I didn't find that it was putting pregnancy in the cool light though...it was just another teen pregnancy story to me.