Jumbo Matte Caviar vs. Jumbo Shiny Caviar *PiCs please*

oogiewoogie

Life is good.. :)
O.G.
Mar 27, 2007
I'm in the market for a new Jumbo caviar classic w/ silver hardware .. however there are 2 different types of caviar... shiny & matte. Does anyone have any side by side pics... my local boutique only has the shiny left so I can't see the difference before purchasing it sight unseen...:sos:. ANy help would be greatly appreciated.. :flowers: TiA~!
  • Jumbo matte Caviar Classic is $2395.00
  • Jumbo shiny Caviar Classic is $2650.00

here are a good side-by-side pics. it was posted by a fellow pfer.

oldandnewcaviar.jpg

oldandnewcaviar2.jpg

i honestly prefer the old shiny caviar:tup: HTH

I saw them both, I own the shiny....but let me tell you...I loved the matte finish....I think even more than the shiny, it seemed more young and edgy.....for the younger woman in me......tee hee.....:heart:H

OOoh... thanks so much fashiongurl. I actually made my way over to Saks BH this afternoon and my SA was able to show me the matte vs shiny on different bags despite being out of stock on the silver jumbos. It's really not too noticeable IRL..:shrugs: The bag she pulled out 1st.. my husband & I thought was the matte.. but was actually the shiny. But... all in all I went with the matte! It's 255 cheaper.. and I couldn't see too much of a difference in my eyes.. I could use the difference on something else :graucho:. Thanks so much! :flowers:

I have a black classic flap with the shiny caviar and a black GST with the matte caviar and the difference isn't half as noticeable as in the picture....was there direct lighting on the shiny and no lighting on the matte?? That looks...way way wayyyyy different. The thing with my caviars is that one simply "glows" more, that's all. Either way, they're both gorgeous and I really don't have a preference...I guess the old/shiny caviar does feel more durable too. Today I was shopping and one of the hangers I was holding onto scratched all the way across the back of my flap very, very hard. Luckily there was no mark left! :sweatdrop:

Fiat... from what I'm hearing.. I think both bags are still in production & will continue to be available. My SA didn't mention anything about one being discontinued over the other. (correct me if I'm wrong!);)

Oh wow, I didn't even know there's matte & shiny caviar!:P
I bring out my bag soon after I saw this post..and I think what I'm having is the shiny caviar. Since there's a price difference, I wonder why the SA didn't mentioned this?
Anyway, looking at these comparison photo, I personally prefer the matte one.:upsidedown: