Jumbo Caviar Flap in black--silly to have both silver and gold hardware?

i vote silver. i too feel like it should match my jewlery for some reason. but for some reason i actually think the silver is more dressy. when i was looking at the east west and medium flaps for some reason the silver struck me more as an evening bag- maybe because it's shinier? either way you can't go wrong. and if you can- get both!

I agree with everyone who said the gold hardware has a more classic and formal look. I really like the silver hardware as well--it's modern and a bit more casual.

I would love to have black bags with both colors of hardware eventually--if you can afford it, I say go for it!!!

I like the silver on the caviar leather for the jumbo. And if you can afford it, I'd get a medium in lambskin with gold hardware, as well. For dressier occasions!

i have the black large flap with silver hardware and the e/w with gold hardware, i tend to use the silver hardware more i guess i find it more casual and i tend to go for casual chic look so silver works more for me

Honestly, if I could afford both, I would have both! :yes: That being said, if you are getting the GST w/ the gold hardware, I would be tempted to get the Jumbo caviar with silver at this point, that way you have a large lovely bag with both h/w options, and you can add the jumbo w/ gold at a later point if you still desire that. Please post pix of whatever you get!

That's exactly what I did! I have a black jumbo caviar flap with silver hardware and opted to return my jumbo flap with gold hardware and get a GST with gold hardware instead. It was a great decision for me.

I dont want to use the word "silly" but considering the price of the bags, I dont think the hardware color is enough of a difference to have two.

i do get your point. They ARE pricey bags. If I am going to buy two it makes sense to change the color of the bag and not just the hardware.

You are totally right. :yes: :idea: