Judge blocks Anna Nicole's Breast Augment. video

1. from Access Hollywood:

Celebrity and Hollywood News

[​IMG] Associated Press
    Judge Blocks Release Of Anna Nicole Breast-Implant Tape

LOS ANGELES, Calif. (August 8, 2007) -- A judge has issued a temporary restraining order that prevents the release of a 1994 videotape documenting a breast augmentation surgery for Anna Nicole Smith.
    Superior Court Judge Mitchell L. Beckloff granted the order Friday at the request of Smith's former attorney and executor of her will, Howard K. Stern. The injunction prevents the sale, distribution or dissemination of the videotape.
    In court documents, first obtained by CelebTV.com, Stern accused Gerald Wayne Johnson, the Texas doctor who performed the surgery, of sending a tape showing the procedure to Thomas Riccio, a Los Angeles-based memorabilia dealer. Stern claims the surgery was taped without the former model's consent.
    Smith died of an accidental drug overdose in Florida in February at the age of 39.
    In a letter written June 22, Johnson said he routinely records surgeries with the patient's permission and promises to keep the video confidential "during the patient's lifetime." Johnson said he gave Riccio permission to use the video after Smith died.
  2. in bizarrely related news:

[​IMG] AP
    Anna Nicole Judge Larry Seidlin Scores Own TV Show

LOS ANGELES, Calif. (August 7, 2007) – Move over Judge Judy… Judge Larry is coming to town!
    Judge Larry Seidlin, the wisecracking emotional judge from the Anna Nicole Smith case, is shooting a pilot for his own TV show, Access Hollywood has learned.
    The show will be produced by CBS Paramount. No other details were available.
    The lampooning purveyor of justice (dubbed Sideshow Seidlin by the media for his courtroom antics) announced his resignation from the bench in June, amid speculation he was negotiating a deal for his own show.
    At the time of his resignation, Seidlin sent a letter to Florida Governor Charlie Crist, stating "it is now time for me to devote more of my daily life to my own young family and to pursue the many opportunities that have been offered to me outside the judicial system and I have disregarded until now.”
    Seidlin, 56, is a former New York cab driver who presided on the bench for nearly 29 years.
  3. it's just disgusting a surgeon would even think about doing that!
  4. The world we live in is so weird.
  5. Why would anybody in their right mind want to see that video? My God!
  6. is it even legal to video that?
  7. I'm guessing it's legal to videotape the procedure if the doctor has the patient's consent. (On Youtube there's a video of doctors performing a spinal fusion. The doctor would have had to get the patient's and the family's consent to not only videotape the procedure but to release it. It was a step by step, "I'm making an incision here" type of video.)

Videotaping someone without their consent is illegal. Selling or distributing that video is not only illegal, it's unethical. (That's GOT to be a violation of doctor/patient confidentiality.)
  8. um yeah the world does not need to see that surgery video.

and what's his name judge getting his own show? Puhleeze, enough of him already.
  9. LOL - ditto!
  10. exactly! that dog and Pony show the judge put in Anna Nicole's trial wwas so sickening!
  11. People will do anything for a buck.
  12. It just keeps getting weirder and weirder! Will it ever end?
  13. Ugh, what that doctor was trying to do is wrong on so many levels!

Good for Howard for stopping it!
  14. Can I just ask - why would anybody WANT to see this video? I would hate to watch a "Boob Job" Surgery! Absolutely bizarre - the things people will do for money!
  15. Probably not.. it sounds like a breach of patient doctor confidentiality, unless Anna explicitly stated that it could be documented and later released to the public.

I wish people would just let her rest in peace.. honestly !!!