JPG Kelly Clutch in Ostrich.. yay or nay?

1. Saw a JPG kelly clutch in Fuchsia Ostrich and palladium hardware... GORGEOUS... But... it's a handheld bag and unlike croc, I am concerned that the clutch will darken unevenly, the portion where the clutch is hand held will be darker than the rest.... so I passed on it...

Just wondering if I made a mistake..... appreciate TPFer's comments on ostrich in a JPG kelly clutch

2. I agree with you. I would worry about the darkening too, I think you made the right choice.

3. I agree, as well. You made a very wise decision.

4. archangel, it's so rare to get an ostrich JPG Kelly Pochette. This must be a hard decision. But like you rightly said, the uneven darkening because of the constant contact, would make the clutch look rather pitiful after a few months. But it is so rare ....:push:

5. ^ It's hard, isn't it, MrsS? I hate to be in such a position. :sad:

A, I can imagine how gorgeous it would be in Fuchsia Ostrich.

6. Archangel, I think you did the right thing. I can imagine how gorgeous the clutch is :drool: but given the nature of ostrich, you probably have to baby it (e.g. wear gloves) which is not very practical.

7. You did the right thing; on any other bag it would have been fine, but on a JPG clutch where you will be handling the body of the bag with your palm a lot it may cause uneven darkening.

8. Considering it's handheld, I'd say it was worth leaving it. It needs a less delicate leather for constant handling.