Journalist/Reporter/Writer Bags?

I was just teasing, you know!

This is something I have been thinking about. I have to fly to Philadelphia for a job I just got hired for. I bought a Jet Setter Jr. and my laptop didn't fit quite right (I couldn't fasten the turnlocks). My laptop is 13 by 10 by 2.

I should receive my HH Gaza hobo today or tomorrow. I do like the Theresa Kathryns and am thinking about trying one.

What am I really itching for? A Botkier Sasha duffle in the "jean" color.

I just ordered this. Fell in love and, from the description, this might be great for my purposes:

Corrente.jpg

Here's the description:

Frequent trips to the Natural History Museum inspired this whimsical tote. A chic alternative to the conventional briefcase, this functional leather bag has reinforced handles, interior pockets and nickel hardware. It is large enough to hold a laptop, files and everyday essentials, yet ergonomic enough to fit comfortably under the arm. It is a must for the creative professional.
Height: 16"
Width: 14"
Depth: 4"
Handle drop: 10"
Magnet snap closure
Made in Brooklyn

Here's the other colors:

http://correntecollection.storesecured.com/items/fall-2007/migration/list.htm

^^^that bird bag is cute... a while back someone was trying to find a leather bird bag that they saw in a catalogue that got thrown away and they forgot who it was by. Maybe thats the one!

I am rethinking now and wondering if a bag that holds my laptop as well would best, since I will be doing school and work at the same time. I was trying to avoid my usual GIANT bag obsession, but I might have a valid reason for one now! I do carry a giant purse, laptop bag AND a large tote right now just to go to work where it all sits in a chair all day. Perhaps a giant bag would help me consolidate.

And I do agree, that blue bag is cute, but Im afraid of birds...

Oh, I love birds.

Edit: Except for Pete, the cockatiel right next to me as I write this. He screeches like a maniac. He is my daughter's bird, but she went away to college with the promise she would take him to grad school. He is a total pain. But, you know what? He loves my daughter passionately. I never knew birds could love.

slidegirlcass, I just noticed what is under your name- Reason Daddy Drinks. That is hysterical!!! We have 2 young daughters and already my husband is being driven to hit the bottle!

I recently purchased this contraption- I don't remember where I found it, I think on ebags (unfortunately I have to feed said children and cannot search for you) but it's a laptop sleeve but it also has handles. It is perfect!!! Sometimes I put it in my bag but I usually just carry it like a briefcase. I guess it's true you would be carrying 2 bags but this really isn't a bag since all you can fit is your laptop and the wires, etc.... Anyway, I love mine!

^^^Haha, yes my poor parents. Its really my stepdad but they only give you so many spaces!

I have a laptop sleeve, its neoprene and it could stretch enough for the charger and mini-mouse, so I suppose if I got a big enough bag I could shove that in there too! Ill have to browse a little. Thanks!

And RF - the reason Im afraid of birds is because I was attacked by birds TWICE in ONE FREAKING WEEK. I used to live in Seattle (suburbs) and we would get this giant flock of like 100000 swallows every year. They built a nest in our dog kennel which I accidentally sprayed with water and then about 100 birds swooped in and attacked me. My mom is petrified of birds, so she just stood inside and watched - I was in 7th grade. Later that same week we were in the mall and my brother and I went into a pet store. They had a huge parrot on display who was actually telling jokes, so I figured I would check him out. He climbed onto my arm and was freaking me out so I tried to put him down - as I was trying to get him off he crawled around my back, gripped my bra strap through my shirt and put my necklace in his beak. He then pulled on the necklace, choking me, for like 3 minutes while flapping like a maniac until someone from the store came and pulled him off me. I have avoided birds since.